The white jade's black past: part-6

Lan WangJi aimlessly wondered around the forest, somehow using his golden core to survive.

Turns out the forest was deep. It took him a few days to find civilisation.

Survival in that forest was not easy but it was easier than surviving in that hell hole he came out from.

Lan WangJi, while wandering off, made a decision.

He would keep his tortures a secret. Sure he can tell what happened but not to the full extent.

After he reached civilisation, he found it was the QingHe territory.

It made sense as they were experimenting with resentment.

After coming into the civilisation tho, his first thought was to go to the sect leader of QingHe.

Gusu Lan clan has always had a good relationship with the QingHe Nie sect.

The problem was tho, he didn't know the way to the Unclean Realm.

Asking people seemed like the only option.

But with his tattered robes and poor appearance, people were not willing to tell him.

Finally an old lady in a vendor told him the way to the Unclean Realm and he started his way up there.

Upon reaching there, at first he didn't know how to enter and no one would recognise him. The guards as expected, blocked his way.

He did try his best to tell them that he was actually someone the clan knew about but well who would listen to a begger boy?

Lan WangJi sighed, " How can I prove that what I am saying is true? If you do not let me in I cannot prove that I am telling the truth."

One of the guards finally asked, " If you truly are from the Lan Clan then tell boy. How many rules are there in your clan?"

"2598"

"..."

It was true. That was indeed the number of their rules.

There was no way a child would know about the exact number without being from the clan itself.

The guards let him in and then took him to the sect leader.

But on his way Nie MingJue saw him and instantly recognised him, "WangJi, is that you?"

The Lan and Nie brothers had met each other many times. It didn't take them long enough to recognise each other.

"MingJue- Xiong..."

Lan WangJi's body gave out at that moment, finally sensing some safety after so long.

Nie MingJue instantly called his father and the healers.

The then Sect Leader Nie sent a letter to Lan Qiren about his nephew being found.

Lan Qiren had been frantically searching for him this past month.

Upon hearing this news he flew to QingHe as soon as possible and when he saw Lan WangJi, the old man almost burst into tears.

Lan XiChen also came and he was no better, instantly running to his brother and hugging him like his life depended on it.

This time they were not going to lose him.

Lan WangJi at first meeting them had blanked out for a few minutes, not even being able to believe he is actually back with his family. Soon though, he started crying softly and hugged them back with just as much force.

Lan XiChen asked, "A-Zhan, where were you this past month? What happened?"

Lan WangJi gulped, "Got kidnapped."