Heart

Wei WuXian caught Lan WangJi on the spot as he fell unconscious and hugged him tightly.

Nothing was said. Nothing was done. Just the two of them, hugging each other. One was conscious, the other was not.

'The Empathy must have been going on for a long time. He is probably exhausted.'

Even so, he knew the main reason Lan WangJi collapsed.

It was the trauma.

Wei WuXian was suddenly horrified of his actions committed in the past.

The time when Lan WangJi reacted so horribly because of Wei WuXian showing him porn during the time of his punishment of his studying in Cloud recesses.

The times he rejected Lan WangJi's offers to go back to Gusu with him after escaping from the Burial Mounds.

The amount of time he actually jabbed him saying he didn't understand how resentment works or if he will be able to control it or not.

The whip scars on his back.

'𝑮𝒆𝒕 𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒕' Those were his last words to Lan WangJi in his past life.

13 years of longing.

Raising A-Yuan. Alone.

Alone.

Alone.

𝐀𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞.

𝘼𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙚.

That's what he was his entire life.

He confided in none. Not about his abuse, trauma or pain. All of it was behind closed doors.

'His brother must have known.'
'Impossible. He would've done something.'
'But then how did he conceal it? No one knew?'

He had to know. He had to know more. He needed to know more of his life.

Wei WuXian clutched onto him and despite having low spiritual energy, he started transferring it to Lan WangJi in an attempt to keep him stable.

Wei WuXian felt exhaustion creep into him after a while of transferring spiritual energy. But he didn't stop.

He couldn't.

He owed Lan WangJi this much after the sheer amount of pain he caused the Lan.

Memories flooded in his mind.

Memories of their love. Memories of his time as the Yiling Patriarch. Memories of the fights he has with his love, his life, his everything. Memories of fluttering kisses and touches of Lan WangJi. Images of his golden blazing but soft eyes filled with love and longing, affection and understanding flashed in his mind.

The brand mark on his chest.

The pictures of a seven year old Lan WangJi screaming for his tormentors to stop.

The blood.

Pain.

𝙿𝚊𝚒𝚗.

No.

Stop.

Please.

Words echoed in his mind.

'𝑊𝑒𝑖 𝑌𝑖𝑛𝑔, 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘.'

'𝑃𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒.'

'ꈼI̶↦ ꈼl̶↦ꈼo̶↦ꈼv̶↦ꈼe̶↦ ꈼy̶↦ꈼo̶↦ꈼu̶↦'

The disease.

Two months left.

The resentment never left his body.

It's there.

𝐒𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞.

Inside his body, it's decaying his body. The deal. The deal was still not over.

But why now?

It's been two decades.

Why?

Lan Zhan.

Lan Zhan.

My Lan Zhan.

Love. Airen. Zhiji.

𝐼 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢.

𝗣𝗹𝗼𝗽

𝗣𝗹𝗼𝗽

𝗣𝗹𝗼𝗽

Large beads of sweat decorated Wei WuXian's face, rolling down his sharp but delicate features and falling on to the floor, or his robes, it didn't matter. Not an inch of his body was dry and his robes stuck to his body like a second skin. Exhaustion gnawed at every bone and cell of his body.

Half an hour. It had been half an hour since Wei WuXian started transferring spiritual energy to Lan WangJi. He was still clutching on to the Lan, his mind in shambles, his body close to oblivion. But that didn't stop him.

It was like something possessed his body. He didn't move one millimetre in the whole time.

Lan WangJi stirred in his arms a bit. He woke up to the familiar feeling of black robes and delicate arms wrapped around him.

But the chest he was leaning on was wet.

Huh?

Lan WangJi groaned a bit and called, voice hoarse, "Wei Ying?"

He looked up and gasped.

Wei WuXian was drenched in sweat from top to bottom, his bangs sticking to his forehead, several drops of water rolling down multiple of his features, his cheeks flushed with visible exhaustion. Lan WangJi now also felt the black robed man's whole body shaking. And the feeling of warm spiritual energy being transferred to his body. His breathing was sharp and laboured due to it.

And yet, his silver eyes held such immense love as he looked down at Lan WangJi, his lips smiling a tired but loving smile.

Lan WangJi was taken aback by the amount of emotions in his silver eyes. There were too many to count.

Sadness, anger, pain, understanding, affection, respect, sympathy, so many more, so many known, so many unknown.

And every emotion was coated with love. Such deep and ever consuming love. Fire was bouncing in his silver moon orbs as he looked at Lan WangJi's golden sun orbs.

Lan WangJi knew there were thousands of thoughts roaming in Wei WuXian's mind. Thoughts of them, their past, their future and most importantly, their present.

"Wei Ying, stop."
"Lan Zhan, let me."
"Your body is exhausted to the bone."

Wei WuXian clutched the Lan even tighter, burying him deeper into his own chest, "Please..."

Lan WangJi tried to sqirm out of his hold but was afraid Wei WuXian would straight up collapse if he moved. So he started to transfer his own spiritual energy.

"Lan Zhan you-"
"Do not finish that sentence if you do not want to be a hypocrite."

Wei WuXian clamped his mouth shut, knowing Lan WangJi was right.

Both of them sat quiet, in each others confort, hearts beating in unison and love, transferring their energies to each other in a warm thread.

Wei WuXian's body was now less exhausted due to Lan WangJi's spiritual energy.

"Lan Zhan, I think I should cultivate the golden core in this body."
"Mn."
"Also I need to see more."
"..."
"And I figured out the problem. We have company to deal with."

Lan WangJi's eyes widened and he met Wei WuXian's stern gaze.

"What?"

A/N: UwU thank u so much for 1k reads. I am so happy. Plz continue to support me. It means so lot. :')