Chapter 10 - Broken

Jason's POV
She was still crying, had been for the last ten minutes, maybe even twenty. "Brit can you just stop for a minute. You're driving me insane" I muttered. "I'm driving you insane!" She yelled "I am now responsible for the murders of all those people for no reason Jason. No other reason than you!" She screamed, crying yet again. "Don't you dare put this back on me. You escaped. You know that consequences happen when you escape and if I were you I wouldn't push any further you've already done enough" I spat tightening my grip on the steering wheel. "Fuck you Jason." She mumbled. "You can if you want" I replied. She rolled her eyes and turned back towards the window continuing to cry.

"Get out of the car."
"No"
"Brit I mean it. Out now!"
"I said no"
She was being a defiant bitch again.
"I will drag you out"
"Why don't you try." she replied defiantly, glaring up at me.
"Okay then. You said it" I replied reaching in to the car and undoing her seatbelt. And in one easy motion I grabbed both her legs but just as I was about to pull she got one leg free and swung it back straight into my nose.
"Ah shit! Are you fucking kidding me!" I yelled. Chaz ran over. "Woah Jase what's happened to you're nose." he replied chuckling slightly. "That bitch just kicked me in the face." I spat glaring at Brit as she dropped her gaze to the floor.
"Last chance Brit. Get the fuck out of the car...." I muttered.
"No. I'm not just gonna get out of the car! You just put me through hell why should I listen to you?!"
"Fine then, don't listen to me." I replied "Give me a hand Chaz" I said motioning to him. She started to panic and kicked her legs out. "Get her" I ordered. Chaz grabbed her legs while I leaned in, hoisted her out and up onto my shoulder. "Cmon then bitch." I exclaimed as I strolled into the house and up into the basement.

Brittani's POV
I'm not entirely sure why I was crying, I mean I knew at this point I should be scared but I've been through so much that nothing's really scares me like it used to do. Well nothing but.... Him. How can you love someone yet hate them at the same time? My feeling are so confused I'm not sure what to feel anymore.

He's carrying me up to the basement now. It's my least favourite place but it's better than being near him, at least I think it is?

"You can stay here until you learn some respect..." he mutters, exiting the room, locking the door behind him. Of course.
Alone in the dark, just me and my fucked up emotions. I cried but not because I felt pain or sadness or even fear but simply because I didn't know how to feel anymore. The guilt of all the innocent people who's lives are no longer being lived. All the families who are missing a part of there lives just because of me. So I didn't cry for myself, if I was completely honest I don't really care what happens to me anymore..... It doesn't matter. Me not being there doesn't matter anymore. I have no parents or family to search for me and cry when I can't be found. The only person that cares about me is me and I don't even think I care anymore.

After what I think is two hours. I give up on my pity party. I don't want to be this person anymore. I thought I was so strong but inside I'm the most broken I've ever been. My crying has stopped. I don't want to fight anymore, there's no point he'll always win.

The door creaked open and light was let into the room. My eyes were temporarily blinded but after a few seconds adjusted enough so I could barely make out a figure stood in the doorway. "I've brought you food" he huffed "You're not eating enough lately". "Yeah well you never give me chance" is what I normally would have replied with but instead I just shrugged. "I mean it, you're not going to make yourself ill" he demanded, his voice has more of a demanding edge this time. I shrugged again. He approached towards me and looked surprised when I didn't move and instead started drawing patterns on the floor. "Brit...." He mumbled. "Can you look at me?!".
I slowly lifted my eyes starting at the floor and moving up eventually falling onto his face. I felt happiness seeing his face but there was something else too, fear. "I mean it, eat..." he mumbled. Placing a plate of food in front of me. "Eat and I'll let you out." he muttered not moving from where he was stood in front of me.
I shook my head. I wasn't hungry, I had gone past being hungry ages ago.
"Fine then you can stay in here" he shrugged, turning away and taking a few steps towards the door.
I didn't know what to do but I didn't want to be alone any longer. "Fine" I croaked, it sounded more like the final noise of a dying animal but he heard it. His eyes lit up with victory as he came and sat next to me. "Eat first, then I'll let you out" he mumbled, placing his hand on top of mine. I didn't pull away but I didn't move towards him either and he seemed surprised by this. So was I really....
"Eat" he pushed again, and so I did.
I had stopped after half, I felt full. "All of it" he replied. I shook my head. "....Fine" he sighed as he stood up and held a hand out to me, to help me up.
I struggled to pull myself up. I had no energy. I got up but as soon as I did my legs gave way. Jason caught me and lifted me up into his arms. "Why do I always end up carrying you?" He chuckled as gave up on fighting sleep. I rested my head against his chest and slowly drifted to sleep.