⚜️ʲᶤˢᵘᶰᵍ¹⁸⚜️

My body falls forward. But I can't. I need to go forward; I need to block the punch that's coming, but I can't. I'm held back. My face slams against something hard, forcing my neck to whip to the side and sending a jolt of pain through my body. It hurts. It all hurts. My body is sore, my wrists, and ankles are rubbed raw. It hurts so fucking.

Slap! A hard smack to my face from the other side shoots a throbbing pain across my face. I try to move my arm, but they're tired. Ugh! I try to lean forward after another punch to my stomach. The air leaves my lungs and my chest tightness with pain. I'm pinned by my hands. Pinned back by restraints... the belt. I'm pinned back by the seat belt. The tires screech. The car crashes forward. My body jolts forward. The metal twists and groans. The glass shatters. My mum screams. I can't see her. Only my dad. My vision focuses on the tree. Heat overwhelms my shaking body. And then nothing.

No sound. Shades of glass stick out of my trembling arm. I carefully lift it and grasp the broken glass. My shaking fingers slip and the pain makes me moan in agony. My voice. It's the only noise. I try to move; I need to help them...

"Hannie!" Who's screaming my name? They can't. They can't yell at me. "Wake up!" They never yelled at me. "Babe, wake up!" My body shakes and I struggle to move.
My eyes slowly open. "Hannie?" Minho's face is pained; his light blue eyes look so sad. I blink back the tiredness overwhelming me, and that's when I feel the pain.

"Minho." I wince. Fuck, my body hurts.
"Shit." He lays me down on the bed and crawls to the night stand. He leans over, still on the bed, and reads the back of the bottle. Yes, please. My chest fucking hurts, and these damn abrasions on my ankles and wrists sting like a bitch. I want to climb back to enter the bath.
"Thank you," I managed to say before opening my mouth to take the pill. He tilts the glass of water to my lips and I take it with a trembling hand. Fuck, it hurts.
"Are you alright?" he asks with a wary look. His brows are pinched together, making a deep crease in his forehead.
"I'm fine." I answer, handing the glass back. He takes the glass and sets it on the table. "I fucking hate that you do that," he says, crawling back to lie next to me. He pulls my body gently. "You're not fine." He kisses my neck. "You weren't fine."

I have a vague memory of being in pain before waking up in his arms. "I still hurt, but it will take some time to heal."
"That's not what I'm talking about." His voice is painful. I turn in his arms and watch as he pinches the bridge of his nose. "You kept saying 'no'." I turn back on my side with my back to his chest and stare across the room.
"It was just a dream." It's the only answer I have for him.
"It was a memory."
"What do you want from me?" I ask him with contempt. His grip on me tightens.
"I just want you to talk to me." He pulls me into his chest and kisses my neck. His tender touch makes me relax.
"I don't know what you want me to say." What can I say? They hurt me. I'm still getting over it. There. What more can I offer?

"You can't just hide from this." His voice is just barely more than a murmur.
"It's not hiding; it's moving on. That's what you do. You move on."
"How can you move on without giving yourself any time to grieve?"
"You want me to be sad?" I turn in his arms and keep far enough away to look straight into his eyes. "Not everyone grieves the same way. Some people take time to really grasp the reality. Others seek out humour and positivity. Then there are people who'd rather just leave what can't be undone alone and move forward with something that they can change." I search his face for his reaction, but he gives me nothing.
"I can't change what happened to me. I'm only in charge of the present and my future. I learned that long ago. And I'm happy with that."
"How can you move on so quickly?" His voice is laced with disbelief.
"I haven't. Grief is a journey. It never ends." Shock sparks in his eyes, and then understanding. If there is an end, I have yet to find it.