In The Garden

When he opened his eyes he soon realized that he wasn't in his dorm room anymore but was instead in a strange place. It looked like an endless field of what looked like lavender, the feeling of grass brushing against his bare feet. When he went to touch the flowers all of the flowers started to lean as if the wind was blowing them in one direction but as Ichika stood he realized that there was no wind. As he looked up he saw that the sky was clear of any clouds revealing a beautiful night sky laminated by only the bright full moon in the sky which somehow lit up the field like a giant spotlight aimed right at him. When he looked down from the sky he noticed a silo wet off a building in the distance.

The Field

The Field

As Ichika walked through the field the smell of lavender filled his nose the smell fillings him with a feeling of warmth and comfort but no matter how much he walked he never felt any of the flowers brush against his legs even though the purple flowers easily touched his knee it was as if the flowers moved out of the way for each step he took. After a bit of walking Ichika finally reached the silo wet which turned out to be a gazebo. The building looked at least fifty years old but also looked extremely well maintained with no sign of scratches or chips. It even looked like it had just been given a new coat of white paint. With each step, he took to the gazebo made a hard sound as his feet hit the well-sanded floor of the white structure. As he got into the structure he noticed a wooden rocking chair that sat alone near the center facing where he woke up. As he got closer he noticed the craftsmanship that was put into the carvings and marketing that was marked into the chair making it look like it would belong in a museum or a rich farmer's house and not in a gazebo in the middle of nowhere. As he looked deeper into the markings he noticed one that was right on the center of the backrest of the chair the same one that was on the chip the doctor gave him. Ichika stepped away from the chair and started to look around the area around the building looking for any sign of life other than this building but all he saw was the lavender stretching for miles and miles. As he let out a sigh and prepared to go and start his journey and leave the gazebo he heard a voice of an older gentleman speak.

Old man:(in a deep raspy tone with a light German accent) Quiet the view isn't it?

As soon as he heard the man speak he turned around to see an older man with his eyes closed sitting in the rocking chair from before. The man wore an old suit with a top hat and a bright red scarf that seemed to have dulled with age. As Ichika got closer he noticed that the man smelled of lavender but also of charcoal and copper even though he was still across the gazebo the smell that permeated from him hit Ichika like a sucker punch. When he stopped a few feet in front of the old man the man spoke again in his raspy tone.

 When he stopped a few feet in front of the old man the man spoke again in his raspy tone