Chapter One

Dusk advanced as the serene sky was the shade of a caliginous, cobalt blue. Ayato stood at the edge of the rooftop of an abandoned building, gazing at the nightfall. His glassy eyes were the same shade as his lustrous, indigo-coloured hair which was almost gliding in the warm breeze. Kaneki however, stood behind Ayato. Not admiring the appealing colours of the sky, but admiring Ayato as he silently stood there, in his element.

"Kaneki," the sudden sound of Ayato's voice startled him as he seemed as if he was in his own reverie. Ayato still continued to look fixedly at the sky as the luminous moon appeared near the horizon. "I think I've been damned," What is he on about? "The eternal sensation of misery is everlasting and it's swallowing me up, this blackness that lives inside of me..." His voice goes indistinct, as if he's murmuring to himself.

Kaneki wasn't sure how to respond. He just remained there, feeling completely helpless as Ayato was clearly seeking for his comfort. Instantly, a sudden gust of wind smacked Kaneki in the face. The weather was already catching up to the suspense atmosphere involving them both.

Ayato turns to face Kaneki, his sharp features almost unobtrusive as his crestfallen eyes spoke aloud. He leisurely makes his way to Kaneki, their eyes locked on each other. He gradually stops, surveying Kaneki's motionless reaction. There's hardly an inches space between them as Ayato places his lissom hands on Kaneki's distant face. The tickle of Kaneki's warm breath against his skin makes Ayato close his eyelids in pleasure.

Kaneki could easily tell that Ayato's mood was rather erratic, it was a flaw in his personality. Howbeit, it was a flaw that had always engrossed Kaneki as he could never tell how he would react. "Ayato..." his voice trails off as he detects a single tear streaming down his cheek.

"I need you." He opens his eyes to find Kaneki's misty eyes focused on his lips.