Chapter Four

A/N: The image above is of Touka and her kagune. So this chapter is basically based on what happened on the day Touka left since I hadn't really explained it previously.

They silently stood in the warm, breezy weather. Her eyes were the color of heliotrope, glimmering in the sunlight. It had been a couple of weeks since he last saw Touka, he had so many questions like where have you been? are you avoiding me? have I upset you? but standing before her now, he couldn't find the strength to do it.

Finally, words left her lips. "Ayato..." Her tone was strained, causing Ayato to feel apprehensive about what was coming. "I'm leaving town..." Truthfully, it wasn't what Ayato was expecting to hear from his sister after 14 days of no contact. Hearing Touka say that made his heart drop. He needed her, in-fact he relied on her, she was the only fragment he had left to call 'home' and now that was vanishing, she was vanishing.

"When?" Ayato's voice was trembling, he clutched his fists trying to fight back the tears. But he was weak, he was already broken and now it felt as if Touka was just trampling on the segments. He carelessly crashed to his knees on the solid ground, his head hung over with his hair concealing the liquid escaping from his eyes.

Touka looked down at him, a pained expression visible on her face having to witness her younger brother so distraught and overcome. She even had to stifle herself from sobbing. "I'm...I'm leaving tonight. I'm so sorry Ayato..." She kneels down beside Ayato, pressing him into her embrace as his cries increase. She tenderly brushes her fingers through Ayato's gleaming, blue hair. Then pulls back to kiss him on the forehead.

Howbeit, Ayato declines Touka's comfort. He shoves her off, standing up. "Don't dare to touch me, I know I mean entirely nothing to you! You think I haven't noticed how you try to avoid my company? I mean, it seems you managed well having not contacted me for two weeks. Even beforehand you would always make up excuses whenever I invited you out, or whenever you did come you always looked so glum!" He yells at Touka, spitting the words. Strangers glaring at the two of them as they pass by.

She lies on the ground from when Ayato pushed her, her face white with mortification. She was speechless, how was she supposed to respond? But Touka knew that Ayato was right, she was avoiding him. But what he didn't realize was that whenever they went out, he'd always bring up their father who passed long ago and it was a subject she was sensitive on. She wasn't fully over it herself. She stands up, wiping the specks of dirt from her navy shorts. "Take care of yourself Ayato," She replies gently, "I'm sorry." She mumbles as she turns away, leaving Ayato feeling reckless.