# 3

Sal and Henry left after an hour or so. Me and Sal seemed to get along, though we didn't talk to each other much. Once they left I went back to my room with Naya.

I flopped on my bed, cuddling with Naya. Then hearing again, a knock on my bedroom door. "Come in." I say, still laying down. "You and Sal seemed to get along." My dads voice says, a little to eager. I sigh, sitting up.
"Well he's nice, so yeah." I respond.

"You and him will be going to the same school in a couple of weeks." He explains, staring at random things in my room. "Cool" I reply, falling back onto the bed. I hear my father sigh, walking over to me.

"Y/n, you really need to socialize." He states with a concern. Causing me to laugh, "Yeah? Well I can some other time." I explain, chuckling. My dad once again sighed, leaving my room.

Once he made he way out, closing the door. I let out a big sigh, knowing he was right. I really did need to socialize. Obviously going up to people and being friendly wasn't my strong suit. I wanted friends, I needed friends.
These thoughts led me to a deep overthinking spiral.

Am I even unlikable? Does anyone like me? What if everyone hates me? Do I even deserve friends?

It just kept going..

Do I deserve love?

I grabbed one of my stuffed animals, shoving my face into it.
Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry.

"Meow."
I remove my face from the stuffed animal, looking towards Naya. She looked at me and tilted her head. I sat up, grabbing her. "You like me right?" I asked. She stared at me blankly, "Shes a cat, she doesn't even understand a word I say." I think aloud, setting her down on my stomach.

She then circles around and lays on my chest. Making my smile, "I love you Naya." I whisper.
Gently start petting her, making her purr. I then remembered how Sal did the same earlier.
Wonder if Sal likes me? I mean he seemed like he did.

Then I hear the
phone ring in the kitchen. I sit up, waiting to see if my dad would get it. After a couple of rings I got up, making my way to the kitchen. I walk to the phone, I picking it up.
"Hello?" I speak into the phone.

"Hello Y/n." A familiar voice says, It took a while for me realize who it was.

When the realization hit me, my heart sank.
"Mom?.." I question weakly.
"Hi sweetheart." She replies.
Why is she calling?

"Why are you calling?" I ask, still shocked.
"I just wanted to call and say hi." She speaks sweetly.
I stayed silent, not knowing how to answer.

"Y/n, sweetie?" She asks.
"What did you need?" I asked blankly.
"Oh, well I was wondering if I could talk to your father." She answers in a less sweet tone. I sigh, "He's busy, you can't." I explain, my breath shaking. I hear a incredibly annoyed sigh over the phone, "Y/n put your father on now." She demands in a threatening tone. My breathing got much heavy, "O-okay." I whisper. "Good." She replies, completely changing her tone.

I cover the speaker, calling out for my dad.
"Dad? Someone's on the phone for you."
As he speed walks out his room and toward me, he notices my facial expression.
"Y/n who is it? Are you okay?" He questions
I simply hand him the phone an walk into the kitchen. Getting a glass of water.

"Hello?" He asks into the phone.
I stand in the kitchen, shaking as I drank my water.

I see my dad pause, staring at the floor.
"Don't think she'd be okay with that." He speak quietly into the phone.
Are they talking about me?

He sighs, turning to me.
"Y/n." He says, holding the phone out. I swallow my fear, walking to him. Taking the phone gently from his hand.
"Yes?" I ask, trying my best not to sound shaken up.
"I was asking your father if I could come over there for your birthday." She explains all excited. I quickly turn to my father, mouthing 'What?!'

"So, what'd you think?" She questions. I think about whether to give into her demands, or do what I want. I sigh, making my decision.
...

"No." I relied, slightly raising my voice.
I here a small groan from the other end of the phone.
"Excuse me?" She questioned.
"Me nor dad want you here, ever." I repeat.
She let out a scoff before she began to argue back.

"You can't tell me what to do I'm your mother!" She yells in my ear. I take a deep breath.
"I don't care who you are." I state, hanging up.
I take another deep breath.

I turn to my father, he immediately hugged me. Obviously hugged back, smiling. I thought how that was the first I ever talked back to my mother.
"Are you okay?" He asks.
"Yeah, I'm fine." I reply, feeling relived but still shocked.

"Im going to go to my room." I say, patting his back.
He sighs, "Okay."

I walk to my, jumping onto my bed. I decide to just lay there, in peace and quiet.
It seemed to be so quiet, I ended up falling asleep.

~