Chapter Twelve

"It's already decorated?" Tom said as he observed the place. It wasn't a big place of course. There was no need for that. Tord had told Tom the thing that mattered most was the basement. And if they could expand it for their experiments. It took them about half an hour to get there.

"Yea, the only thing this place doesn't have is food, and of course other random items." Tord waved his arm. He walked and Tom followed.

"Here's your room," Tord said opening a door. The room was small. But considering the fact, Tom already has a room somewhere else it wasn't that big of a deal.

"Nice, I guess. Did this use to be an Airbnb or something? Why is it fully decorated?" Tom said flopping onto his small bed.

"I don't know all the details, like I said I was focused on what was needed," Tord responded.

"Did you murder someone and take their house or something?" Tom squinted. Tord rolled his eyes.

"Of course not, that's far too much work. If it was that kind of case I would have committed extortion. Murder is so annoying to take care of." Tord complained. Tom just pretended he wasn't slightly afraid of Tord. Talking about murdering people like it was a normal kinda thing everyone did. He honestly didn't want to know about Tord's personal business. Tord noticed the way Tom's face changed. "Not that I murder people or something."

"Ok, whatever Tord." They continued to look at the rest of the house before descending to the basement.

Tom looked around at the stuff Tord had around. He had to pause when he saw a chair with restraints. Maybe I was wrong about this. Would Tord be mad if I called it quits? I mean it's barely even started. Maybe he can find another use for this place?

"Earth to Tom, stop zoning out," Tord said finally gaining Tom's attention.

"Um, sorry," Tom said scratching at his arm.

"You were looking at that chair, weren't you?" Tord asked.

"Well duh, I mean it is pretty unsettling. So what is all of this?"

"Well, that over there is the room im building that theoretically can contain you in monster form. That chair is for experiments that might make you turn. All of this on the table is my science lab type of shit. And that's a fridge." Tord labeled and pointed to things in the room.

"Wow, I didn't know what a fridge was until now. Thanks for telling me. How did you even get all this stuff? Isn't it expensive?" Tom questioned walking around to examine.

"What did I tell you about my finances?" Tord remarked.

"That it's none of my business." Tom sighed. Tom opened the fridge. Hmmm nothing in there, how about the freezer?

His eyes opened as he looked at the contents of the freezer. "I see you've found something." Tord walked over. "That is blood I picked up from a butcher. Specifically pigs blood. One of the experiments I want to conduct involves testing if your monster side likes only fresh blood."

"Ok then," Tom said closing the freezer door. Tom took a few deep breaths.

"So, how are you feeling Tom?" Tord said noticing his behavior. He seems quite anxious. He's very fidgety.

"Honestly, im not sure. I know we're doing this so I can hopefully solve this problem but my stomach is giving me a bad feeling. I bet im just overreacting but it feels dangerous." Tom said closing his eyes.

"I get it, but everything has a risk of danger if you think too hard about it. I'm trying to make this as safe as it can be. I only kinda know what I'm doing. I mean I've never done anything like this before. I'm not an idiot though so I think it will be ok. Anyways, I'm gonna continue working down here. I'm assuming your gonna go to your room?"
Tord raised an eyebrow.