Chapter Sixteen

Tord watched as the last person left the building. He had been monitoring the area for a few hours, and it was late. He watched the man as he made his way to his car.

As he got into his car and drove away, he made a note of his key characteristics and car details.

Once Tord felt like he was alone, he grabbed a mask and put it on. “Showtime,” he whispered.
_______________________________________

Tord’s experiments on Tom have been going on for a few weeks now. Until this point, things have been uncomplicated. Tord has witnessed Tom’s transformation only twice. And each time, Tord gave the monster raw meat to eat without a problem.

Tords been bothering Tom every day with questions.

How do you feel? How is your urge to transform? Are you having any new emotions? How are your cravings?

Are you craving anything different?

“Actually, I’ve been craving raw meat...” Tom whispered. Tords eyes widened.

“Really? And just animal meat, right?” Tord wrote in his notebook.

“Yeah, I mean, of course, I still have my unwanted cravings, but this one is strong.” Tom sighed.

“And how long has this been happening for?” Tord asked.

“A few days...”

“And why didn’t you tell me sooner? I’ve been asking you every day. Haven’t I?” Tord scolded.

“Because it’s embarrassing.” Tom frowned back.

“Look, you have no reason to feel embarrassed around me. I’ve seen you act like a wild animal, ok?” Tord rolled his eyes.

“Ugh, of course, you don’t understand. Imagine drooling when you open the fridge and you see a raw steak or some shit. Honestly, it’s gross.” Tom crossed his arms.

“My apologies. So... Have you tried it out? Eating raw meat in this state?” Tord asked.

“Of course not. I’m too afraid to. What if it causes me to transform?” Tom bit his nails.

“Hmm, well, I could chain you up for this experiment if that eases your mind?” Tord suggested.

“No, it doesn’t. I don’t wanna eat raw meat, anyway. I think that’s nasty.”

“Please Thomas, lots of people eat raw meat. And they’re not even a strange creature like you. Let’s just try it out. What if it can curb your urge to transform?” Tord spoke.

“Bullshit. I think it would make me want to transform more,” Tom argued.

“And why do you think that?” Tord questioned.

“I don’t know, just the concept. You should understand.” Tom sighed.

“So you don’t want to try it out at all?” Tord asked.

“Not really.”

“Not even just a nibble.”

“God, Tord, why do you care so much?” Tom complained.

Because my goal is to figure you out. I can’t if you’re resisting, even trying something that could be harmless.” Tord responded.

“Fuck! Fine then.” Tom whispered.

“Ok! Let’s go now then. I think the meat in the basement is still good.” Tord opened the door to Tom’s room and let himself out. Tom followed behind.