1: IMMENSELY ILL

[WARNING. THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS... cursing, vomiting, fevers, viruses, depersonalization, character fainting(?), derealization, emergency rooms, sharp objects, memory loss, hallucinations. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED...]

[RESUMING BRYCE HANSEN POV]

I had only just fallen asleep, or at least that's what it felt like.

I rarely dream, so waking in the morning is like blinking from when I slept... I'm not sure if this is a good thing.

Wait- scratch that- scratch waking up in the morning. In this case, it's the middle of the night.

I snap awake when I am violently shaken and tossed to the floor. "Bradley...?" I mumble, sitting up and rubbing my eyes.

I must have fallen asleep on the couch watching a video.

I rub my head, glancing around the dark room. Fumbling for my phone, I turn on the light. It immediately brightens my surroundings, also immediately showing me who threw me off the couch.

The couch looks... destroyed. The cushions are torn off it, strewn about the room. It's late, and it's completely dark other than where the light of my phone shines. And in the middle of all this...

"Junior?" I whisper to him. "What are you doing?"

Junior was taking the cushions off the couch, tossing them and mumbling incoherent phrases to himself. It isn't long before I begin to hear what he says. "Four. Four hours. It was four hours... help.... Almost five..."

I glance at the clock. 2:58 am... it was probably around 9 pm or 10 pm when Junior got bit... so... it's almost five hours since he was bitten... I... guess that's what that is-

Wait. HE'S TOSSING EVERYTHING ALL OVER?! HE'S RUINING MY HOUSE!

That's funny, how I barely care at all about his well-being... but I should at least make sure he hasn't lost his marbles.

"Junior." I grasp onto his shoulders and he lurches forward. He makes an odd noise, like he's gagging. I cringe at this, getting reminded of the sea creature that probably got him sick.

"Bryce...? That's your name... right?" He asks, his voice weak and wobbly, his back still turned. The creature might have given him a disease. I Hold his arms tight.

"Yes. Now Junior, turn around to face me. Explain yourself." I demand, letting go so he can turn.

"I don't... feel well..." He slowly turns his head, eventually standing to face me.

I look into his eyes.

Something is odd...

. . .
[a/n: look at me, I did a different language this time on the picture!!! So epic I guess- now I'm learning two languages at once]
. . .