Cleaner than Mr. Clean.

Y/n pov

I parked the car hearing Emmi and Julia bickering as usual. I looked back seeing Kennedy ans Carson shake their heads as Anna giggled at the two.
"You have to understand-"
"It's simple. Sugar cookie is the best cookie."
"No are you nuts? It's chocolate chip. Everyone loves chocolate chip cookies.-"
"But the base of that cookie is fucking sugar cookies. So you can't have that without a sugar cookie."
"WHY ARE YOU SO STUPID? IT IS A WHOLE DIFFERENT RECIPE!" I giggled watching Nate cover Julia's mouth.
"Now now ladies both cookies are great but how about we acknowledge that we are at the ice skating rink." Emmi and Julia looked seeing we were parked. They got out happy walking towards the skate booth.
"How are they so hostile and docile towards eachother?"
"Oh don't worry Nate. Since we all grew up together this happens all the time. Especially over stupid shit." Nate nodded as we climbed out walking towards the booth.

I grabbed my size seeing Kennedy look eager.
"Ken how long has it been since you skated?"
"A long time. Ever since we played hockey in LA I have wanted to skate."
"Wait you guys played hockey in LA? How?" I smiled as Anna sat next to me putting her skates on as well. Everyone was getting them on as Kennedy smiled at the memories.
"Well we both go bored one evening and found a rink nearby. We both decided to try it out and they were playing hockey. From that day forward we joined a hockey league."
"Yeah and they owe me a new knee." Kennedy looked at me with serious look. I laughed as Anna pulled me onto the ice before the others could even try to join us. She held my hand looking at me. I smiled seeing her cheeks get roses looking at me.

"Carson as we know has feelings for Emmi." I nodded knowing Anna gave me the "you already know" look early. Anna looked over at everyone making sure they couldn't hear us. They weren't even done yet.
"Well she wants me to help her see where Emmi sits. So I'm gonna ask her about it and stuff. That's why I said I would be a wing woman." I smiled as Anna ans I glided on the ice.
"I see. Well I won't get in the way of that. But I do want to see Kennedy race me." Anna looked at me confused. This was a public rink and had a lot of people around. But everyone was being cautious of others since there are many different types of skaters.
"Well let's head over and see then." I smiled as we skated over seeing Carson giggle at Nate. I looked seeing him be a tad nervous.
"I know you skate board a lot Nate but this is different. So first things first you need to stand on the ice." Nate looked at me terrified but then looked at Julia. She smiled at him making his confidence grow.

Nate stood up stepping on the ice. I held his hands skating backwards. Everyone joined giggling at how wobbly Nate was. He started getting the hang of it and let go. I smiled and looked at Kennedy.
"Kenny how about a good Ole fashion race? Twice around the rink. First back to everyone chooses first shots." Kennedy looked at me but knew she loved a good competition. Kennedy shook on it as Anna stopped everyone so there was a line. We got down watching a few people move way for their safety.
"Anna count-"
"GO!" I took off as Kennedy had a slightly late start. I went around the bend and kept going. Kennedy started catching up. I looked to see her look somewhere other than me. I looked seeing a very pretty girl. She was short. Was Kennedys type. She had headphones on as I went around the next bend as Kennedy passed me.
"HA HA YOU SUCK- Oof!" I then watched Kennedy take out the girl. I dived over catching her headphones as Kennedy grabbed her before her head could hit the ice.

That was pretty clean not gonna lie.

Our friends skated over making sure we were alright. I laid against the ice in a little bit of pain. Diving on ice is different then dirt that is for sure. Anna kneeled next to me helping me up as Julia and Emmi helped the girl up while Nate and Carson picked up Kennedy.
"You alright?" Anna asked. I nodded in slight pain but I just wanted to see if Kennedy still has it.
"I am so sorry bro-"
"It's alright honestly. I should've heard the you suck better but I had my headphones on." Kennedy shook her head grabbing the headphones from my hand giving them to the girl.
"No its my fault I bumped into you. Also sorry if that was weird of me to grab you but I've seen people crack their heads open and didn't want to hurt your pretty face- I mean head." I giggled as the girl did the same. She held her hand out for Kennedy.
"My name is Elizabeth but you can call me Liz. Also did you just say I'm pretty." Kennedy blushed but hid it well by shivering a bit. A fake shiver if you will.
"My name is Kennedy. And yes I did. I saw your beauty from a mile away. Wait that sounds weird. Uh I wasn't like staring at you like a stalker but because your pretty and you caught my eye. I swear I'm not a stalker ask them." Kennedy said shaking Liz hand. Liz looked at us and we nodded.
"We all grew up together. I promise she isn't a stalker. She is single." I said smiling. Julia ans Emmi nodded as well.

Liz nodded looking at Kennedy smiling. Carson looked around holding Nate up. He didn't have great standing balance that's for sure.
"Where are your friends or family? Wouldn't they come over to check on you?" Liz giggled as she fixed her beanie. Kennedy smiled at the small movement.
"Well I just moved here so I can't really say I have friends. My mom and dad are helping setting up a party for someone in town to get to know people so you are the first people to talk to me." I smiled as I held Anna's hand.
"Well Hello Liz my name is Y/n. This is Anna. That's my sister Carson. That's my step brother but my brother Nate. And these two are Julia and Emmi. To catch you up in relationships Julia is talking to Nate. I'm talking to Anna. Emmi and Carson are single. And Kennedy is very single and sees you as pretty." Kennedy smacked my head as Liz giggled.

We all started skating again learning that Liz goes to college in San Diego. Kennedy lowkey got very excited about that but I could see she was trying to hide it. I held Anna's hand as our friends skated in front of us.
"You know I couldn't have asked for a better friend group."
"I couldn't agree with you more." I smiled stopping in the middle of the rink. Anna looped her arms around me as I looked in her eyes. She was looking into mine with hope. I coulf tell.
"Do you think this is working out?" Anna thought as soft Christmas music played through some speakers. She looked at me smiling.
"I think it is yeah. I don't think we lost our touch with that."
"We never lost our touch bub. You know that." Anna giggled as she put her hand on my cheek. Her thumb gentle rubbed my skin making me blush from her touch. Anna giggled noticing how my face got more red from her doing a simple action.
"Will you be my date to my dad's party? It's corny to ask but I want no one else but you to be my date." I smiled widely pulling Anna closer. Just before we could kiss I paused her.
"I will always be your date. No matter what." Anna sighed in relief. She smiled as I pulled her in for a kiss.

Time didn't exist with her. My hand on her waist as hers were draped around my neck. Her soft lips against mine. The butterflies in my stomach starting to flutter again. The nerves in my body spiking with energy. Snow falling slowly on us. I never wanted this moment to end. This was my moment. This was our moment.

Until someone bumped into me.

I bumped into Anna a bit making her stumble back. I grabbed her jacket pulling her close keeping my balance on the ice. Anna held onto tightly being a tad scared. I held her close looking seeing a parent grab the kid waving in apology. I nodded looking at Anna.
"You alright?" Anna nodded but started giggling. She looked at me with a big smile.
"Your pretty good at catching people." Anna kept giggling as I shook my head.
"Well someone has to be or else everyone would make a fool of themselves." Anna started laughing as I giggled. She reached up kissing my cheek shaking her head calming down.
"So what is that thing you ans Kennedy call smooth?"
"Smooth?"
"No you doof. You guys say... Clean! Your catch was pretty clean." I smiled as Carson waved us over to the exit. We skated over slowly letting everyone take their skates off.

"Cleaner than Mr. Clean duh."