Past is in the Past

Y/n pov

I stared at the bag clenching my fists. How could the Cranes try and charge me when their son abused Anna? Kennedy leaned against my wall watching me. Liz was gonna walk over and talk to me but Kennedy grabbed her shoulder. I was so mad. I took a deep breathe and swung. I kept punching Kennedy punching bag getting my anger out. After about ten minutes I stepped away taking deep breaths. Kennedy smiled tossed me a water bottle.
"Feel better?"
"We need this in LA." Kennedy looked at me like i was dumb as we walked back into her house. All we have done today is take Anna home. Play video games and catch up. Anna has been texting me that she is nervous. I have been keeping her calm but man this is so stupid.

"Y/n the last time we got a punching bag in LA you punched it out of our apartment window." I giggled at the memory as I had to pay for that whole window.
"Oh yeah. Well if we wanna sell the place we gotta patch up the Swiss cheese wall. Or we are gonna get evicted."
"What's the Swiss cheese-" Kennedy put her hand up not wanting Liz to know what that wall is to us. As I finished my water my phone rang. I answered hearing Anna.
"Hey Bub."
"Hey Love how was dinner?" I heard Anna giggle from how happy I was ro hear her voice. As much as I love my best friend she isnf Anna.
"Dinner was good. Ben wants to meet at the diner. So if you would kindly pick me up since my mother decided to not put gas in my car." I giggled grabbing my keys. I waved goodbye to Kennedy and Liz walking out.
"I'm on my way... hey could you stay on the phone with me. I'm still getting used to driving alone since it all happened." Anna agreed as I started driving towards her house. Anna said kind and encouraging words making me feel happy. I parked in her driveway watching her walk out in a hoodie and jeans.

My hoodie.

It was my UCLA hoodie. Anna climbed in as I looked at her. She just smiled kissing my cheek. She plugged my phone into the aux and played music as I still sat there. She looked up at me with a smile. She started giggling.
"It's just a hint that I'm yours doof calm down."
"You know I was gonna wear that today?" Anna shrugged as I drove to the diner. I parked and got out seeing Ben's truck. We walked inside seeing Ben sitting at a booth. He looked like hell hit him and more. I patted myself on the back as Anna guided me over. I sat next to her as Ben looked up from his hands. We sat there awkwardly for a few minutes before words were said. Anna looked confused and a tad uncomfortable. Ben was nervous. By his glances I had a pissed off face on. The waiter came by as we ordered our drinks.

"Hello. Both of you guys. I know neither of you want fo see me or talk to me."
"Yep so I'm just gonna go-" I went to stand up when Anna grabbed my hand and sat me down. We held hands incase of our little code. Ben giggled as he looked away.
"Yeah I would honestly do the same but my mom said that this was the only way she would take your charges off which I'm sorry for." I went to say something when I stopped myself. Did Ben just say sorry? Anna looked at Ben as he sighed.
"I'm actually sorry to both of you." Anna looked at me making sure I was hearing him right. When she did she saw my jaw on the floor. She picked up my jaw looking back at Ben.
"Before Y/n can be a smartass what are you sorry for exactly?" Ben took a deep breathe looking away from us. He didn't like that we were staring at him.

"Well I'm sorry for a lot of things. To start off I should explain. You both know that I played football and soccer in school. Well I got two medical concussions because of a dude kicking me in the head and another from someone hit me. Well from all the fiat fights I got into at school I actually had I think eight concussions. Well a fun fact if you get more than three concussions to your head your whole personality can change. So my mom and dad started noticing these changes of how I would lash out towards my brother and even you. After we broke up ans Y/n beat me up I actually hit my mom."

"She was so sad. She couldn't look at me the same. We went to so many doctors and none of them could tell me what was wrong. Well it kept getting worse and worse. I would break things. Not give a shit about anything. Manipulate people into helping me since I did nothing wrong. My dad had enough of this and sent me to a mental hospital for anger management. Well I was there for the past two years ish. I would send letters to you hoping I could talk to you. I was getting better. When u got no replies I knew it was a waste of time. Well another part came in called OCD. Which is a obsession disorder. I have it mild but it seems extreme. I was hooked on Anna so I could tell you I'm better. But it didn't work because you would call your parents. So I got checked out and I now have medication. That day at tge mall I was being calm but I got mad since Y/n was there. You protect her well I just wanted to talk to her."

"Something I did learn is that Fireball or any liquor will make my medication just stop working. So before your dad's party I pregamed and got a ride over with my brother. He went somewhere as I was ok for ghe first few minutes. Then I got mad. Mainly because I knew Anna was here and I was going to talk ro her. Then the fight happened and yeah. When my parents saw me when I got home my mom was furious. She thought that you beat me up because I was as she calls "different" which isn't true. So she called Johnny boy and told him what happened. Assuming your here in front of me means that your mom told the truth or he knows it. So I'm very sorry for my actions recently. I just needed to say sorry and tell you I'm getting better. I didn't want you to go to jail because of what I did to Anna. It felt wrong."

Me and Anna just sat there stunned. I looked at Anna seeing her just shocked. Who knew Ben was actually trying to talk to her? Not me. I gently squeezed Anna's hand receiving two taps. I leaned back letting her talk.
"Well that does explain a lot more... it makes up for your actions but I will say can you understand why I was terrified of you?" Ben nodded as he drank some of his shake. I noticed he was very shakey. I walked over tonthe counter asking for a water still listening to them.
"I completely understand why you were scared. I treated you like shit. I would hurt you even though I loved you at the time. I have said some things to you that I regret very much. In my mind at the time it made me think you would love me more. It's part of the injury is what my therapist told me." I turned looking at Ben making him look at me.
"Your in therapy?"
"Yes actually. My therapist won't like me this week but that's fine." I giggled as I handed Ben the water. He nodded in thanks as Anna tapped the table once. She was letting me speak now. I sat back down and sighed.
"The only reason I would fight you was because I held so much anger towards you. You hurt a angel. A beautiful angel. I couldn't let you get away with that. But I think your mind got the better of you in the end. Because if it hadn't. You wouldn't be sitting here in front of me."

Ben laughed a little drinking more water. I noticed his hand still shook. A little less but still did. I know when I got my second concussion my senior year my hands would shake. I looked down realizing I gave Ben his ninth concussion.
"I was scared to invite you here but I knew Anna wouldnt come if you weren't here. You two are either dating or friends but you guys never leave eachothers side." I nodded as Anna lifted my head with her hand making me more in the conversation. It was hot honestly. Not as hot as last night but definitely something.
"Well thank you for explaining. I will say I'm sorry for not helping you when we dated but I didn't know what was wrong-"
"Which is totally fine Anna. I don't expect you to say sorry since I did most of the damage." Anna nodded in understanding then looked at me. I stood up pulling my wallet out. Kennedy is either gonna kill me or him. But I don't care honestly.
"Well Ben I'm sorry for giving you many more concussions. I'm sorry for holding a grudge. And I'm sorry for not letting you talk to Anna in the first place. I forgive you for the most part since you did hurt my girl. You have to gain my trust again. Here's our part of the bill. Kennedy is throwing a new years eve party. Starts at 7. I hope to see you there." Ben smiled a little bit as Anna held my hand. We walked away waving to the owner. We walked out towards my car.

"I say we leave the past in the past and call it a day. I'm tired and only want cuddles. So to my house." I giggled at Anna as we climbed in the car. I drove to her house as she looked at me with puppy eyes.
"Yes you may play music." Anna cheered playing her music. I watched her dance and cheer while I drove. I smiled wide confirming everything.

I really do love her.