Christmas in my heart

It never really snowed on Hermitcraft. It wasn't that Xisuma had put something in the code to prevent it snowing at all. It just never really snowed. It was a known fact and everyone had come to terms with it.

Doesn't mean Grian wasn't slightly upset anytime they failed to have a white Christmas. He had always wanted to witness one, growing up outside of the server, it had snowed, but never on the 25th. 

- - - -

Mumbo and Scar had noticed Grian wasn't himself. It was the week running up to Christmas and usually the avian had been bouncing from base to base, flying like he had just hours to deliver presents to his fellow hermits.

But this year he hadn't even started wrapping them yet ( a 1st of December policy he had for himself). It was worrying. The little bundle of light and excitement wrapped in a red sweater was gone. They were left with a hollow shell that just sat at his window and moped.

- - - -

Doesn't matter if the snow is fallin'
All the windows, and the rain is pourin'
It will always be Christmas in my heart

Grian heard the song from outside. 

Stood next to a jukebox were Mumbo and Scar, smiles wider than a river and brighter than any star out there. He chuckled quietly. It was sweet, but he couldn't help but resent the lyrics. To him, it did matter. He wanted at least one white Christmas.

But this year, I
Wanna hang out with my friends and family
Making angels in the sand, you and me
Doesn't matter, it is Christmas in my heart

They were right. In a split second. In just a few words. He knew that a white Christmas wasn't the only thing he wanted. He wanted to be surrounded by friends and have fun. Just let go after the end to their previous server last Christmas. 

He smiled at Mumbo and Scar. They smiled back.

- - - -

Xisuma had to fight with the code, but he made it snow. Real, genuine snow. Grian was close to tears, stood under their massive Christmas tree, handing out presents from the entire server, wrapped in a Christmas jumper, joggers and clutching a hot chocolate like his life depended on it (it probably did).

That was what Christmas was about. The giving, the miracles, and maybe the receiving too. It was about being surrounded by those closest to you and celebrating another year gone by.

Grian was glad he was showed that. 

~ ~ ~ ~

:)