Timebreaker

Leo's POV

"So who do you think will win?" Rosalie asks me.

"Alix, no contest" I tell her with a smile.

"You don't think Kim will?" she asks me.

"Don't get me wrong, Kim is the fastest runner in school. But he can't beat someone on wheels, even if those wheels are a pair of roller blades" I state. Ayla comes over.

"Where's your sister?" she asks me.

"Doing homework, she probably lost track of time as usual" I tell her. She sighs and takes out her phone calling Marinette.

"How is your sister always later? But you aren't?" Rosalie asks me.

"It's a secret" I say with a wink. "I'm glad your dad let you and Adrian come today" I state.

"Thinks we're at a photo shoot" she tells me and I laugh. Ayla hangs up the phone. "Does she have the banner?" she asks.

"Yes, and is apparently on her way already" Ayla states.

"Meaning she just left the bakery" I mutter.

"What was that Leo?" they asks me.

"Nothing" I tell them. Marinette arrived at the same time as Alix. Who was also running later.

"Your ridiculous bets are over. I'm gonna leave you in the dust, meathead" Alix tells Kim.

"Your ridiculous bets are over. I'm gonna leave you in the dust, meathead" he states.

"Is that a good thing?" Ayla asks with a laugh. Marinette and Rosalie laugh also.

"Ok enough guys, Max the rules" I say.

"Of course" he says fixing his glasses. Kim starts to stretch while Alix got into her position. I hold the banner with Marinette. "Let's review the official rules. Two laps around the fountains; approximately 500 yards. The first one over the line's declared the victor! If Kim triumphs, Alix will relinquish her roller blades to him. If Alix triumphs, Kim will be prohibited from making another dare for the rest of the school year" Max explains.

"We're through with all of those stupid dares!" Juleka shouts.

"Yeah, that's right!" Ivan agrees.

"No more dares!" Nathaniel yells. Ayla gets her phone ready to record the race. Kim gets into his starting position.

"On your marks, get set..." Max starts.

"Hold up!" Alix shouts. Startling Kim, who falls flat on his face. Making the rest of us laugh.

"Forfeiting already?" he asks her.

"Hold on to this for me, will you, Alya? I don't wanna drop it during the race" Alix says handing her a pocket watch.

"Hold on girl, I can't! I gotta..." Ayla tries to protest.

"Guard it with your life. It's a family heirloom!" Alix shouts while she rolls back to her position.

"Marinette, take this. I gotta record the race for my blog!" Ayla shouts handing her the pocket watch. Before running over to the starting line for a better view for her video.

"On your marks, get set... GO!" Max declares. Alix and Kim start racing. Kim on foot, Alix on her roller blades while the rest of us cheer them on. Well mainly Alix.

"But... she asked you to look after it. I gotta hold up the banner!" Marinette exclaims. She is suddenly pulled to the side by be, bu accident. And drops the watch, which falls in slow motion until Adrien catches it.