Chapter 1

I was in a galaxy. How I could breathe without an oxygen tank, I'll never know.

I was slightly disoriented since I had just awoken, but nothing that a little time couldn't fix.

I was looking around when I noticed a figure approaching. They appeared to be taking steps on an invisible ground.

"What is your name?" They asked once they were near enough for both of us to hear.

They removed their hood to reveal short, white hair, stormcloud-blue eyes, and a cross-shaped scar beside the left eye. They held a monotonous expression.

I knew as soon as they removed their hood that the figure that had approached me was none other than Leonid, the Uncrowned King of Fashion and Destiny. Although he was a fictional character, I admired him. He found joy in what he did, he didn't need friends, and therefore he never had to feel heartbreak after becoming one with the galaxy. I hope that I'll be able to embark on my own journey and find joy in what I do as well so that those who previously could hurt me cannot anymore.

He held out his hand, and I took it, struggling to stand due to my dizziness and surprisingly not the absence of solid ground.

"Mia. But I prefer Pidgeon," I said.

"Okay, then. Pidgeon, how old are you?" He asked.

"Last I remember, twelve years, six months, and three days," I said, pausing every now and then to think.

"I can tell with the way you answered that you're an intelligent child, though sometimes overly complicated. Are you quiet, too?" He asked.

"For the most part, yes," I nodded.

"Alright. Come with me. I'll lead you to my observatory, but if you disrupt my studies, you will be placed somewhere else," He said, his thunderous voice echoing through the sea, despite there being nothing for the soundwaves to recoil from. Almost... god-like.

"Thank you," I said. He tugged at my hand, signalling for me to follow, and still holding it, he led me through the sea of stars and to his observatory.

He sat on a balcony, and I stood behind him, staring into the stars, and eventually zoning out.

Because of how deep in... nothingness, or whatever you're in when you've zoned out I was, I didn't hear the first time he said something, though it did snap me out of it.

"Hm..?"

"I said you could sit beside me if you'd like."

"Oh. Okay."

I sat beside him, knees to my chest and arms around my legs. I was taking in sharp breaths, that being the only thing to produce sound besides Leonid writing on the ground, Writing people's fates and destinies.

I stared. When I have nothing to do, I let my imagination take over. Sometimes, I fall asleep. I dreamt about my friends, and a tranquil beach. We were just hanging out. It was just us, and we were at peace, calm, and having fun.