SEVEN

The next few days, you almost forgot that you were in the middle of a special ops mission, that's how perfect life had been. 

Every now and then, Ghost had waited for you in the mornings, allowing you to join him on his runs.

Slowly, he'd been opening up to you a little more. 

Barely, but it was enough for the others to visibly notice a difference between the two of you – especially the few times they'd heard you call him Simon when you thought no one else could hear. 

He'd been helping you train, too, showing you control, but you still continued grinding his gears where you could. You'd not gotten back to wearing your mask just yet, but everyone had been encouraging and supportive.

But now, it was time to move on. 

Hassan was on the move, and Laswell wasted no time in rallying everyone together. There was no say in when she'd arrive with the new troops she'd mentioned, so now, you were all gathered in the HQ. 

Ghost stood over the maps with Price and Gaz. Soap, Alejandro, and Rudy were doing some target practise, leaving you back in the ring with Alex.

"Thanks for coming back in with me, Al." you said as you circled him.

"Not a problem, sweet cheeks," he whimpered, "just don't break my arm again."

"I won't." you giggled.

"So, what's going on with you and the L.T.?"

"What are you talking about?"

"You and Ghost, very cosy, huh?"

"N-no...I have no idea what you're talking about." You said, raising your fists to hide your face.

"Oh my god, (Y/N) Price, you have a crush on him too!"

"The fuck you mean, 'too'?"

"He likes you."

"No, he doesn't."

"Does too."

"Alex?"

"Yeah?"

"Shut the fuck up."

He was about to open his mouth again, and so you rolled your eyes, lunging for the boy. 

He was so distracted from teasing you, he didn't even register your movements until he was on his back, winded. You pinned his arms to the floor, and then your head snapped up as you heard the cheers of your team celebrating your win.

Smiling, you whooped, throwing your arms in the air, giving Alex enough time to push you off him so you laid next to him, laughing.

"Gotcha."

"You cheated."

"Shouldn't have got so distracted taking the piss then, should you?"

Ghost yelled over a quick celebratory compliment, and immediately your face was red. 

"Oh my god, you really do like him."

"Shhhh! You can't tell anyone, I'm not ready, and I don't think he's the type of guy to do feelings."

"Cross my heart." Alex said, making the motion with his fingers.

The door hissed open then, and in came Laswell, with around 20 soldiers on her tail. 

They were wearing a dark uniform with helmets, and a light blue crest sat on their chests. 

Oh no.