Cat Ears and Tea Cups

"And so, dad got tickets and told me to take you guys!" Boruto held out two shiny rectangles towards his teammates.

Sarada took one, her eyes narrowed.

Mitsuki took the other with a smile. "Sounds like fun! Thanks for inviting us, Boruto."

"Heh, it's no problem, ya know! Ah, I should also mention... They expire today! And... Well, I'll leave that for when we get there."

.  .  .

Not too much later, the three arrived at Merry Land. 

"Before we can go on the rides, there's something we have to do," Boruto began, leading them towards a gift-shop near the entrance/exit gates. 

Putting one hand on her hip, Sarada let out an unamused sigh. She looked up at Boruto, ninja headband keeping his fluffy blonde hair contained above his ears. "There's a catch, isn't there? Mitsuki is one thing, but you'd never pick me over Shikadai to invite to an amusement park."

"Don't be so stiff, Sarada! Come on, enjoy the fun~!" 

"Fun? Whatever fun we have is about to be ruined by whatever you dragged us here for." Sarada stalked behind Boruto and Mitsuki, whose smile seemed to be permanently plastered onto his face. If he was wearing his headband, that meant that this was a mission... A mission she would most likely hate. Boruto was up to something. 

The automatic doors slid open. Sarada stepped through to find an array of goods; mascot plushies, colorful candies, and different animal ears for couples to force each other into and take pictures on dates. 

The clerk immediately brightened up behind the counter, chubby cheeks rosy and plump. "Ah! You're here! Thank you for accepting this mission." 

Knew it. Sarada went into captain mode. "Ma'am, what do you need us to do?"

"We thought that if we could capture shots of the famous team seven enjoying our theme park, our popularity would go up! You see, everyone has been going to the new Water World this summer... And we aren't making enough sales to continue to stay open! Hiring actors costs too much money, but your team graciously agreed to be filmed for the price of free admission! If you wouldn't mind taking some selfies and filming through the cameras of your phones to send to us later..."

Boruto smiled. "Leave it to us!"

Free admission... And all we have to do is take pictures? That doesn't sound too bad. 

"We've prepared a list of rides and food stalls we'd like you to try... And, as promised in our agreement, please wear these for the duration of your stay!" The clerk held out three headbands with fluffy white cat ears attached. 

Boruto slid them onto his head, separating his bangs forward from the rest of his hair. "Hmm... Not bad! Mitsuki, you look pretty good too!" 

"Thanks, Boruto!" Mitsuki's hair covered the headband, making it look as though he had natural white cat ears sticking out of his pale blue hair. 

Sarada's face was already pinkening. This was the catch. Boruto was going to tease her for the rest of her life with the resulting pictures. She hesitantly reached out towards the cat ears, but then turned around sharply. "If you two are wearing them, there's no need for me to. Come on, let's go!" 

But the plastic headpiece was placed snugly atop her head. When she turned, expecting to see Boruto, the clerk was smiling. "My! Those look wonderful on you! Why don't you take a picture of yourselves together? Or, should I do the honors?"

Sarada's eye twitched. "I... Would really rather not wear these--"

"But you look so cute in them! Come on darling, stand with the boys. Let me get your picture!"