Balloon Pop and Haunted Houses

Walking up to the stall and handing the mustached man a few coins, Boruto and Sarada began throwing plastic kunai at balloons that seemed like they were made of thick rubber. If they got caught using ninjutsu, they wouldn't get the prize... But luckily for both of them, distraction was all a part of being a shinobi.

Boruto looked out of the corner of his eye and noticed the stalker had disappeared for good. Heh, he thought, adding tiny bit of lightning nature chakra to his plastic kunai. Maybe after he figured out we were legit shinobi, he decided to leave...

In the end, they both tied, popping the winning balloon at the exact same time. 

"Mister! Who popped it first??"

The stall owner was relatively upset, but he pulled down the Kuraama and handed it to Sarada, speaking under his thick bushy mustache. "Ya shouldn't be fighting over toys if you're a couple... Win it properly for your girlfriend."

Boruto flinched back. "Wha-- It's for my little sister!"

"Hm?" The stall owner raised an eyebrow. "She don't look like your sister."

"She's not my sister its-- Gah. Never mind. Thanks mister!"

Sarada smirked with satisfaction and nudged his shoulder. "So does that mean you have to wear those for the next mission?"

"He never said who got it first... I guess we'll call this a tie." His cheeks reddened in embarrassment for what felt like the thirtieth time that day. Why did they have to wear these things again? He didn't think it would be this embarrassing... He invited Sarada specifically because he thought It'd be fun to tease her. Shikadai would just say it was a pain. 

But... Sarada didn't usually wear hair accessories. She wore the same clothes every day, the same annoyed look on her face, the same snobby attitude... That would sometimes soften and make his heart do weird things. But today? Today she was smiling. She was actually having fun. The kind of fun she usually only had around Cho-Cho. He couldn't make fun of her. Especially not when she was smiling like that... Especially not when she looked... good. 

"Hey," said a girl far off in the distance, clinging to her boyfriend's arm. "Look at that! He won a prize for her!"

Boruto looked up to see that she was pointing at him and Sarada.

"And they're even wearing matching cat ears! I told you, couples wear matching animal ears at amusement parks!"

The guy muttered something and led his girlfriend away, but Boruto was no longer paying attention to that, and neither was Sarada.

"L-Let's go find Mitsuki," said Boruto, pretending like he didn't hear the girl. "He should be done in the bathroom by now."

"Y-Yeah. Good idea." Judging from Sarada's equal stutter, she had heard. They both headed towards the bathrooms, attempting to wash the embarrassed looks off of their faces. But when Mitsuki wasn't outside the bathroom building, Boruto had to go inside.

"Mitsuki? You here?"

Nothing. Not a single response. Just a confused glance from a guy trying to pee. Ducking his head in apology, Boruto turned back to regroup with Sarada. Did Mitsuki even need to use the bathroom? He hadn't asked for bathroom breaks in class, and he never excused himself on missions to go to the bathroom... So what was he doing?

"Did you see him wandering around out here at all?"

"Nope."

"Huh, he wasn't in the bathroom either."

Suddenly, a voice sounded right in-between them. "Talking about me?"

"Mitsuki! Jeez, don't scare us like that... Where did you go?"