Chapter 4: Awkward family reunion

After the whole El Tigre fiasco, Shiro was seen back at the motel bandaging himself.

Shiro: Damn it! Those claws left scars on my body. Oh well, hopefully, it won't be noticeable. Now I need to take care of my housing problem because I only have enough money to stay one more night and I have to leave.

Shiro sighs as he misses his own bed and his family. Shiro then pulls out his pocket watch and looks over it.

Shiro: Mama, Dad, I am sorry for leaving you. I am sorry you can't see me anymore.

Shiro said, trying to fight back the tears as he was alone. No one to comfort him, no one to tuck him into bed and say good night.

Shiro: I miss you two, and I wish you were here.

Shiro then finishes bandaging himself and then grabs a shirt, and then lies down on the bed staring at the ceiling.

Shiro: I need to find a job. Hopefully, something will pop up.

Shiro then grabs his blanket and falls asleep.

The Next Day

It was a new day for Shiro as he walked down the street.

Shiro: Okay, Shiro, time to find some work.

Shiro then goes and checks the newspaper to see if any job opportunities were available for him. Shiro checks the newspaper and checks the job openings. Shiro reads the job openings, some of them needing to be an adult while the younger ones seem to need a parent's permission.

Shiro: Damn, this is not good.

Shiro said, looking worried as none of the jobs in the newspaper would allow him to work underage. Shiro kept looking through the newspaper until he found a delivery boy needed for the post office.

Shiro: This could work.

Shiro then looked up the address and headed, hoping he could get the job.

Shiro: Today is going to be different. Watch out, Miracle City, because Shiro Shun is on the prowl.

Shiro continues to head towards the address.

10 minutes

After walking through the city, he made it to the post office. He then headed inside, where he sees an older man with gray hair with glasses reading a newspaper.

 He then headed inside, where he sees an older man with gray hair with glasses reading a newspaper

Shiro: Uh, excuse me, Señor, is the position for the delivery boy still open?

Shiro stares at the older man, who puts the newspaper down and looks at Shiro.

Older man: Aren't you a little young to get a job, Chico?

Shiro: Yes, sir but please, I really need this job.

Shiro looks at the older man desperate, which the Olderman thinks about for a moment before sighing.

Older man: Kid I will give you a shot.