PROLOGUE

There was a Manipuri boy that I used to believe was my destiny during my High School days because of a dream comforting me and encouraging me to believe he was the one.

The dream repeated continuously and I caught feelings for him, thinking of him as my destiny. He wasn't the most handsome of the class but he was indeed a guy who was good looking in my eyes for his amiable personality. Just like that dream I thought we would have our fateful reunion.

In that dream he used to run towards me and chat with me for a while and hug me. The clouds keep on pouring heavily but he used to smile and say, "I always admired you for being the way you are..."

In that dream we were adults and not high school kids, which made me think that he was someone who would stay with me in the future. I used to wake up from this dream and used to remember only that one sentence among the whole chat and that hug.

Our roll numbers were at the end of the list and we always used to end up together for class activities but the distance grew larger and larger when he caught me having feelings for him. For me he was my first love, however for him I was neither a girl friend nor a friend, but instead just a girl he knows as a classmate.

His name was Yumkhaibam Anay Singh.