CHAPTER - 02

That day was a very strange day. It rained all morning, which was quite odd for November.

As I looked out of the window I scoffed at the rain.

We were having breakfast when my mother asked, "Mimi do you have plans for today?"

"Yes Maa...I planned to have lunch with Natasha today. We will meet in Paltanbazar, so I will go out now"

"In this rain?"

"Yes, we planned to spend the whole day"

"Aah! Don't forget to take the umbrella"

"Sure"

It was a random shower in a random month but for some reason my heart was pounding.

I reached Paltanbazar and as I was waiting for Natasha I saw Anay talking with some men. I approached towards him and called, "Anay"

"Mimi..." he replied, looking at me surprised.

As the men dispersed I looked at him. He finished talking and looked at me.

"Are you busy? Then I will talk with you later" I said as he was looking a little busy.

I looked around, the weather was exactly like my dream. I had seen that dream so many times, both of us with umbrellas.

'Just as I thought, was it a prophetic dream?'

I was chatting online with him from last month as we exchanged numbers after following each other on instagram. But he never said he was in Guwahati.

"Nope, actually yes. The driver whom I fixed for today said he wouldn't go suddenly"

"Oh...Are you going somewhere?"
"Yes, to Shillong"

"Cherry Blossoms?"
"No... not just to see the flowers. My girlfriend wanted to see Shillong"

"Your girlfriend?"
"Yes... you may know her. She was a junior in high school"
"Her name?"
"Druhi Adhikari"

"Sorry I don't know anyone with that name" I replied.

To be honest I lied that day. I knew that junior because she was ill tempered and a snobbish brat. She showed off to me when she got his little attention knowing I had a crush on him. But I didn't know that they finally got in a relationship.

"I understand. She was just a junior after all. But we both went to the same College in Nainital, that's when I actually started dating her"

"Aah... I see. Well then I will see you later"

I didn't want to talk about her at all. Last month when we were chatting online I thought he was single because he said he shouldn't have avoided me the way he did in high school and he used to like me a little at that time. Guess that liking was left in the past and they got along too well to start a relationship.

"Oh okay... I also have to fix a car for the journey"
"I see..." And I went to a shop to show him that I was busy but when I came out after buying some chocolates, he was not there.

"Perhaps he got a car already..." I mumbled when I noticed Natasha calling me.

I picked up the call, "Where are you? I reached Paltanbazar"
"Send me your location on WhatsApp. I am coming to you, stay in place you are now."

"Okay..."

My dreams had always told me something special would happen that day...

... And just like that, he was gone forever.