CHAPTER - 01

"Mimi...Mimi..."

I heard my Boss Mohit call for me as I was busy checking the updates that should be done to the apps related to our Company services. We were testing some newly created features and we were really tired keeping the service without any interruption. I was in an e-commerce company that was the largest seller of beauty products.

"Yes Sir" I replied as I heard his voice.

Mohit was not only superior to me but also a brother from a different mother. We both were from Northeast India so it didn't take much time for me to bond up with him.

"Are you going for lunch?" he asked excitedly.

I didn't understand his excitement for a second but as things were now in control I replied, "Yep, I will go to the canteen"

"Let's go together then" he said, hiding his smile.

What does he want to say? I thought after observing him a little.

As we sat at a table in the office canteen he said with a big smile, "Mimi. use the leave you saved up until now"

"Why Sir?" I actually panicked a little thinking why a boss would want me to use up my leave. Is this an indirect way of telling me to leave the office? I thought though I knew he was a good man.

"Actually you always failed to get a man. Right?"

Wait? I thought he was more of a brother. Is he mocking me?

"Umm Sir, that..." I saw others looking in our direction.

"Look, you are really a good person who deserves the best in my opinion. Actually my wife's brother is visiting home"

I looked at him questioningly.

"He is really a good guy but an introvert so it makes my wife worry about him."

"Ah..." I sympathized with him.

"He has a Government Job and is good at his work. Also he is an Engineer like you"

"I see..."

Now I understand why Boss can't be considered as a brother. He wants to settle me with an antisocial guy who happens to be his brother in law. I would like to interpret introverts as antisocial for some reason because my Boss's smiles was getting on my nerves.

"Well I will give you his number. Once you reach Guwahati, you both set up a date"

"But Sir, I am not looking for marriage"

"Mimi..."

"Yes Sir"

"You need to meet him and that's my last instruction to you. A few dates won't hurt both of you."

'Both of you?' Does this mean his brother in law is also not ready for this sudden arrangement.

"But Sir..."
"Mimi, don't you miss your home?"

"I do actually" I was even planning to go back to Assam and start afresh for my home sickness.

"Then take this opportunity, a leave for a month I will grant it for you"

"Okay Sir"

"Also settle with my brother in law, he is a gem"

"Umm... I will only know whether we are compatible or not if I meet him"

"Yes, yes but I believe you will like him, Both of you are opposites and opposites attracts"

I gave him a blank look, he was so confident about this match.