CHAPTER - 05

As I stepped towards the room where the nurse told me to pick up my documents I saw Deuri standing on the other side of the corridor. He put a glance on me and went back to his room. Though he had a deadpan face I could feel his dismissal towards me.

'With this I might have put myself in his bad books. I couldn't help but want to give myself an opportunity to live a new life and not suffer as a lonely person like last time. Deuri would make me lonely so it's better to focus on finding love elsewhere.'

I suddenly remembered how he said that he wanted to focus on studies but when our College life would be completed we would be together and when College life was over he said he wasn't interested in a long distance relationship. I could never forgive him for the way he didn't ever take responsibility for anything. He was always a walking red flag that I didn't want to see.

'Mimi, you were Pathetic. He might be a good human being but he was never good for you...'

As I sat in the auto-rickshaw with my mother I missed our car's comfort. My father bought our car in 2016 and now it is still 2015.

"Maa"

"Yes"

"What time does school start?"

"School?"
"Yes..."
"Should I take you back to the doctor? You seem to have short term Amnesia as the Doctor stated"

"It's okay, there's nothing wrong with me"

"Baidou(elser sister ), things like this happens. Mimi will be fine soon," said Nazeem Uncle.

Nazeem Ahmed Uncle's Auto-Rickshaw was our everyday go to whenever we used to go out before we bought our car. He was also the most popular auto-rickshaw driver in our Colony stand for being a soft-spoken person.

"I hope she gets well soon, Nazeem da( Brother ). She makes me worry a lot." my mother replied to him.

"Maa, I am fine"

"Your school will start at fifteenth. You will attend as a student of twelfth standard"

"Aah...how did my accident happen?"

"You were coming home after giving clothes for ironing"

"I see... I still have few days left to start school"

"Yes... I hope you take a good rest at home. I am not sending you out alone"
"Maa..."
"Yes..."
"Accident is an accident. It doesn't matter whether I am at home or outside"
"Don't talk back, I will not let my only girl face such dismay again"

After saying this she hugged me hard. My father who was following the auto from behind in his motorbike honked.

"Maa... we are still in road"