Chapter 6-"Hop Luck"

(Wartwood)

It was daytime, Anne can be seen in the forest with Y/N standing alongside her which was near the Plantar house, showing Sprig & Polly a video of her pet cat on her phone.

Anne: "And this bad boy is my kitty Domino. You guys would like her, she's got fire."

Y/N: "She's not lying, that little thing scratched the heck out of me."

Anne: "Well, it wouldn't have happened if you didn't pick her up like I told you not to!"

Y/N: "I was 8 years old, what did you expect me to do? Not pick up the cute little kitty?!"

As the two friends argued, Sprig takes Anne's phone out of her hand and continues to look at the little video of Domino grooming herself with Polly.

Sprig: "Ooh!"

Polly: "Aw, she's so tiny! I feel huge!"

Sprig: "Hmm, I will.. (Pulls out hammer) ...set her free!"

Anne quickly snatches her phone back from Sprig in time before he could smash it into pieces with his hammer.

Anne: "Please stop doing that.."

Polly: "Say Y/N, do you have a pet like Anne too?"

Y/N: "I do, actually! (Pulls out phone) I have this cute little beagle that my mamá recently adopted a month ago, her name's--"

Before he could finish his sentence and show them a picture of his dog, Y/N and Anne suddenly caught the smell of something horrible coming from the Planter House.

Y/N: "Dios.. Why does it smell like my cousin's cooking..."

Anne: "Ugh! What is that?! Did something crawl under the house and die?"

Sprig: "(Sniffs the air) Worse, guys. Much worse. Hop Pop is cooking!"

Later, the four kids can be seen outside of the front door of the Planter house with Y/N carrying Polly in her bucket, covering his nose along with Anne.

Sprig: "Brace yourself."

Anne: "Brace ourselves for what?"

Sprig opens the door, unleashing a wave of stinky air which sent the pink frog into the distance, screaming and knocking both Y/N and Anne to the ground.

Inside the house, Hop Pop can be seen chopping up some bugs and putting them into a boiling pot, stirring the soup inside around before tasting it.

Sprig: "What's the plan this year, Hop Pop? Poison the competition? (Gets bonked) Oof!"

Hop Pop: "The plan is to win."

Anne: "Win?"

Anne walks into the kitchen with Y/N alongside her, still carrying Polly in her bucket.