intro & character profiles

Note to my fellow Americans: I will be referring to soccer as football in this story. It's because the setting is in England and honestly sounds better to me lol.

Name: Astrid Sunja Park
Age: 21
Birthday: August 27
Height: 5'6
Birthplace: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
University: Georgetown University
Major: Journalism

Extra info:
- Astrid's dad was a professional (soccer player) footballer back in Korea but retired at 35 because of an injury. Her mom is an art teacher at a private school in Boston.

- Astrid took an interest in football and even played from a young age, but ended up quitting.

- She focused on her studies and graduated as valedictorian of her graduating class and had a near-perfect SAT score of 1580.

- Her position was a forward.

- She has a younger brother named Mason who's 16 and in club football (soccer) in America. Her brother is also a forward.

- Decided to go into sports journalism because she still has a love and passion for football.

Name: Jake Jaeyun Sim
Age: 21
Birthday: November 15
Height: 5'9
Birthplace: Brisbane, Australia
Team: Bridgeport United
Position: Forward (left-wing striker)

Extra info:

- Used to be one of the best forwards on Bridgeport United, but after his slump, he wasn't even on the starting lineup for matches.

- Came to London as an 18-year-old to continue his football career.

- Used to play for Australia's Pacificas before he signed with Bridgeport United.

- Was considered a prodigy for his accuracy and being a strong left-footed striker.

Name: Riki Nishimura
Age: 18
Birthday: December 9
Height: 6'2
Birthplace: Okayama, Japan
Team: Bridgeport United
Position: Midfielder

Extra info:
- Was previously on Tokyo's Yokai team before transferring to Bridgeport United.

- He's able to speak Korean due to a decent-sized fan base in South Korea.

- Still struggles with English so he's lucky he has Jake in London.

- Came to London as a 17-year-old which resulted in him having difficulty adapting to western culture.

Name: Evelyn Li
Age: 21
Birthday: March 18
Height: 5'3
Birthplace: San Fransisco, California
University: Georgetown University
Major: Economics

Extra info:

- Studying at the London School of Economics and Political Science.

- Despite studying at different schools, Evelyn and Astrid are living in an apartment together.

- Astrid's best friend since meeting at university

- Taiwanese-American

Disclaimer: Bridgeport United is a completely fictionalized football team.

Football Team: Bridgeport United is currently ranked no. 8 in the English Premier League. Their goal is to climb up the ranks and make it to no. 1 and win the Champions League by the end of their season.