two

"Hey, what are you doing here?"

The young man panicked and tried to walk away.

"Wait, please don't leave yet," Astrid exclaimed, pulling the sleeve of his hoodie, "Look, based on your reaction, the paparazzi are after you. I got your back if you'll help me."

He walked back and looked at her once more. Astrid's hair was all frizzy and her curls falling out from the humidity of the club, her makeup was smeared off, and her knees were all busted from her collision with him.

"Fine," he finally responded, "What do you-"

"Look, there she is!" The same drunk man yelled while pointing at Astrid.

"I'll explain later," Astrid said, beginning to run, "We have to leave now."

The two took off and attempted to run discreetly as they were chased by both drunk men and obsessive paps. As they made their way out of the club from the back exit, they were greeted by the cold London night rain. They both were breathing heavily, trying to catch their breath from the excessive sprint.

"You're Jake Sim, aren't you," Astrid finally said.

He nodded his head.

"Of all people, why are you at a club? Shouldn't you be back at your dorm? Bridgeport had a game tonight."

"Why would I go if I'm not even on the starting lineup or going to be subbed?" he muttered, "Whatever. It's none of your concern. I recommend you leave right now and forget this instance ever happened. You don't want the press to ruin your life."

He began to walk away from her.

"Wait," Astrid called, "You can't leave like this. Listen, I know your season isn't going very well. You used to be a fan favorite, but you can't give up like this. The last thing you want is to get caught in a scandal."

She approached him, rummaging through the wallet on her phone case, pulling out a piece of paper, and handing it to Jake.

"My name is Astrid Park and this is my company's business card. If you ever need anything, I can help you. I swear. The Football Stage Daily only posts accurate information about football players. We are a reputable source and we don't want to go the dirty gossipy route like other press companies."

He sighed, taking her business card, glancing at it real quick, and shoving it into his back jean pocket.

"Astrid, right?" he asked, Astrid, nodded her head, "Look Astrid, I appreciate your willingness to help, but you just need to leave. My life is fucked up as it is."

He took his hoodie off and threw it at Astrid, which she caught.

"Keep the jumper. You look like you're going to freeze to death." That was the last thing Jake said and he took off, walking in the opposite direction from her.

Astrid stood there, aghast, as her phone vibrated. She picked up as she realized the call was from Evelyn.

"Astrid, where the hell are you? Roman found me minutes ago and now we're looking for you."

"I'll meet you guys by the front entrance. You'll never guess who I just met."

**

After the long chaotic night, Roman walked Astrid and Evelyn back to their apartment. After Astrid explained her crazy chase and was practically assaulted by two men, Roman instantly regretted leaving Astrid alone. However, they were very surprised and excited to know that Astrid met a superstar footballer. But in the meantime, all three of them were terribly exhausted after the club and all simultaneously agreed not to go back for a while.

Once arriving at the front door of their apartment, Evelyn went inside first so Roman and Astrid could talk one last time before they ended the night.

"Thanks for helping me, Roman," Astrid exclaimed, "I'm really sorry the night ended like this."

"You shouldn't be apologizing. It was my fault I left you alone. I should've known better. So I'm really sorry."

She smiled at him softly.

"If you're not busy, do you want to go to a cafe or something? I know a place with really good scones and tea," Roman suggested, his ears turning a little red. He was lucky to have the cold night as an excuse for his blushing.

"I'd love to."

Roman's face lit up almost automatically, "Alright, I'll text or call you sometime this week if it's okay?"

"Yep, I'll let you know once I get my schedule in place. See you soon," Astrid bid him farewell as began to leave.

Before going down the stairs, Roman gave her a small peck on the cheek.

"I can't wait," he whispered.