three

"Shit, Astrid, you better see this," Evelyn was up bright and early, getting her day started.

Astrid was still lying in bed, horribly hungover from the night at the club. Her head and feet ached from the chaos. Her feet were covered in blisters after running in high heels, her hair was all frizzy and curly, and her makeup was smudged all over her face. The exhaustion got to her once she reached the apartment and was too tired to fix herself up before bed. It was one of the most hectic nights she had encountered in her life. Never did she think she would meet a football superstar outside of the pitch or be on the run from two predators.

"What's wrong?" she mumbled groggily.

Evelyn sat on the side of Astrid's bed and pulled up an article from her phone. Astrid's eyes opened widely with panic.

"What the actual fuck?"

"Bridgeport United's superstar Jake Sim is caught at the club with an unknown girl, skipping his team's match against Southampton F.C.

The football star, Jake Sim, from Australia, currently in a slump, is seen behind the Starlight Club. With a horrible record this season after his ankle injury, Jake Sim is no longer on the starting lineup. His unjustified actions of not supporting Bridgeport United show how he is becoming more undedicated to his sport. "

There she saw a big photo of herself wearing Jake's hoodie and Jake standing across from her from behind the club. She placed her hands by the sides of her head and rubbed them furiously.

"Evelyn, what am I going to do?" she groaned, "Do you think they're going to come after me? I gave him my company's business card."

"Girl, you did what?!" Evelyn's voice perked in panic.

"I was just caught in the moment and thought I was doing my job," Astrid exclaimed, "I don't know how I'm going to get out of this mess. I might lose my internship and create more trouble for Jake."

"Well, for now, stay low. Don't mention this situation to anyone. Not even Roman unless he sees the news. We can't let this get out and people know it's you. The paparazzi like to harass everyone when they can. We absolutely can't let them happen. Like, look what happened to Megan Markle and Prince Harry."

"Yeah... but do you think they'll try and contact me? I don't know how this works?" Astrid exclaimed, flustered.

"Getting into a scandal with a superstar soccer player? Yeah, I don't think anyone has gotten into something like this before," Evelyn said with slight sarcasm, raising her eyebrows.

Astrid had a sheepish smile plastered on her face as she had no plan for what was coming.

"Well, just lay low for now. If the press can't identify you, then you'll be okay for the time being."

**

"Jake," a voice growled throughout the men's locker room of the Bridgeport United training center, "You better get your ass out here right now!"

It was Jake's agent, Gabriel Crawford. He was absolutely furious after seeing Jake not present at the Bridgeport match last night and for being caught in a scandal after several negative articles were posted about him previously.

Jake walked down the locker room hall, meeting Gabriel face to face. Gabriel's icy blue eyes seemed like they could pierce through his soul and his face was red as tomatoes. All of his teammates were quick enough to leave the locker room hall and go to the practice field before becoming awkward witnesses. They wondered why Jake wouldn't fire the jackass. The constant bullying and condescending remarks infuriated his teammates as Jake was often quiet and accepted the insults. Despite Jake's off behavior, his teammates thought Gabriel was being excessive at times.