TWO

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙤 :
laddie

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     IT WAS APPROACHING nightfall when they arrived at the Boardwalk

IT WAS APPROACHING nightfall when they arrived at the Boardwalk. The sound of amused screams filled the air as they got closer to the boardwalk. Rollercoasters sped by with excited customers with their arms raised in the air.

     "I'm going to go look for a job," Lucy looked at her children and their friend and smiled, "You should too Michael."

     "I tried earlier, no one—" He interrupted himself when he saw his mother's face, nodding, "I'll see." Lucy gave a satisfied smile turned and focused on something. (F/N) watched as she turned around and reached into her purse, pulling out multiple five dollars.

     "Well, here's some money. I'm going to give it to (F/N) because she's the most responsible—No, I see you young boy, don't argue with me Sam." She waved her finger warningly, "Behave boys." And with that warning, Lucy was off.

     Now split up without adult guidance, (F/N) immediately started counting the money, Sam and Michael huddled around her. "20." She concluded with a whistle, "Damn, that's a lot."

Sam tried to split it up but was ultimately to lazy, so he just settled on asking, "That's what?"

"Five each." Michael did the math quickly, "Five extra."

"What do you mean extra? I get it." (F/N) said.

Sam cried out in objection, "What?!"

"Hey," (F/N) raised her arms innocently, "she gave the money to me! You're lucky I'm splitting!"

Michael rolled his eyes, "Yeah right, we both know you'd give him the money if he asked for it."

     "Thanks for sharing, Michael." She frowned, but Sam perked up,

      "Can I have it?! Please!" He noticed her contemplative expression, "Pretty please!"

     "Way to go Mike. Just screwed us out of five dollars." (F/N) deadpanned at him as she handed Sam the extra five-dollar bill.

     Michael made a dramatic pout, "Oh boo who."

     "Let's go check out the concert!" Sam looked into the distance where there was an excited group forming.