Ultra Despair Girls

Rescued:

Komaru, being Makoto's younger sister, encounters the relatives of the other killing game participants. Sayaka's pop idol friends, Yuta, Aoi's younger brother, Hiroko, Hiro's mother and Taichi, Chihiro's father. They have no death and they join Komaru's party in hopes of reuniting with their older sibling or child. This was because of Toko, because their words and actions reminded her of her friends. Every time they encountered a relative of Toko's classmates, she speaks up telling them she knows them. So Yuta and Komaru both become those wanting to reunite with their older siblings.

Abused Young:

During a run in with Nagisa, he mentions Junko was killed by "some idiot". Toko knows that idiot. His name is Makoto, whom Komaru recognises as her brother. For his information, her brother is not some idiot, and Junko actually killed herself because Toko was there. Although, Jack was the one who saw it.

Masaru, Kotoko, Nagisa and Jataro share their past traumas before their battles, including the word "gentle" being Kotoko's trigger word, which encourages Komaru to save them from being hurt and sympathises with them, telling them not all adults are horrible. She appeals and comforts them, which makes each warrior reconsider their actions towards her. With that, they each join Komaru's party, with some results. Kotoko keeps riding poor Komaru like a horse, Jataro gains the confidence to remove his mask at the end of his battle, they are all disturbed by Monaca's true colours, which only Nagisa noticed for a while, and Komaru begins to see how they all treat each other like siblings. They explain Monaca said lots of negative things about adults and their past, which might be why they considered ridding them all to make a paradise. But they realise it was only manipulation and would only make things worse, even for them. Thanks to the warriors, Komaru and Toko learn they are worshippers of the one and only Junko, whom Toko recognises as the cause of the Tragedy, and they are searching for a successor. So they have to find Byakuya, and fast.

Comic Relief:

Despite Haji being untrustworthy to the Future Foundation, Komaru gives a speech of how these people are fighting for the sake of humanity's survival. And because her brother is a part of it, she knows they can all trust them. But if Haji doesn't see it that way, they're leaving. So she and her group take leave, still with the goal of saving the Byakuya which is the key to safety and reuniting with their loved ones. The sooner they save him, the sooner they can get themselves to a safe place. Shirokuma, inspired by the speech, goes with Komaru despite being a klutz. He does have run ins with his opposite Kurokuma, the advisor of the Warriors of Hope.

Surprise Encounter:

Komaru is separated from her team and on her own. After a while, she crosses paths with major followers of Junko. The Remnants of Despair led by Izuru, once Hajime's group of friends now dreaded with despair. Komaru battles and escapes them, and she never knew how much of a disaster Junko really is. After this encounter, there is a chance she can befriend Natsumi, Fuyuhko's sister, and Sato, Mahiru's school friend.

Ending:

Komaru, Toko, the Warriors of Hope and Shirokuma go up against Monaca, the Servant and Kuorkuma, where they witness Monaca's true nature. Even though Monaca said she killed Komaru's parents in order to make Komaru Junko's successor, there was no proof. The remaining Warriors were too scared to move, but Toko, having learnt a lot from her partner, knocks some sense into Komaru and the 2 of them overcome the despair to defeat Junko's most devoted disciple while the Warriors of Hope hold down the Servant and Shirokuma battles Kurokuma. Each bad guy is defeated, and the battle gets a few good outcomes. Masaru, as the self proclaimed leader and the Hero, disowns Monaca as a warrior for manipulating them, with Nagisa taking the role as the Mage, now knowing what kind of hope they will choose to peruse unlike the hope that has been disguised as despair this whole time. Shirokuma gets badly damaged and ends up sacrificing himself, but Komaru says they will get him back soon after a tearful temporary goodbye.

After Byakuya's rescue, Komaru's team travel to the Future Foundation, where Komaru reunites with her brother and the other THH teens are reunited with their relatives and are surprised by Toko's change. Komaru says they should give her credit for getting their relatives back, because if weren't for her they wouldn't be here. Toko officially becomes a Future Foundation member and the Warriors of Hope declare Makoto, the Ultimate Hope, is their new god. After recovering, Komaru announces she and the Warriors of Hope will stay in Towa City to help those who need it, which will fill them with hope.

Meanwhile, Monaca was still alive, and gets encouraged by the Servant to become the next Junko herself. Elsewhere, Izuru collects the remains of Shirokuma and Kurokuma, revealed to have been controlled by AI Junko, which sets up the events of Goodbye Despair.