Perfect Ending Special

Makoto and all his friends and other protagonists intend to try and spread hope across the world by recording a speech about how they overcame the despair they endured and pressed on, with one or 2 people take a turn. However, something or someone wasn't keen on the idea at all. With a sinister grin, they spring into action. Meanwhile, Komaru's group barley escape an ambush and race to warn her brother about some bad news. While they were just minding their own business and doing their own thing, Kyoko is suddenly ambushed, and everything goes black. Makoto notices she's gone and searches for her, when someone hacks into the system to start a video call to him and the others. Much to the former Hope Peak students' horror, the archenemy has return. Junko is alive and she is back after so long. Komaru and the Warriors of Hope arrive too late to warn them about Junko, having learnt of her return earlier. Her demon child decibel Monaca is also with her, now dressed in her attire to show off her insanity like some sort of cult. Komaru's team react to the demon child they had to deal with, terrified and disturbed. The teens demand what she wants, and Junko answers she intends to stream the brainwashing video, which has been locked away, in order to enter everyone's minds and fill them all with despair. Of course, they would refuse, because they would never accept her demands. But she had something they would change their mind. They have kidnapped Kyoko! They targeted someone who means a lot to Makoto to weaken him. They were going to target Komaru, but she was too independent and resisted them, which explains why they were ambushed before. Byakuya expresses worry for Kyoko in his own way, which surprises everyone, and he admits he's come to care for his friends.

Al the ultimates call out in anger at Junko calling her names like "psycho", having enough of all her bull, and they accuse her for being the core of their suffering and how they would've lived happy school lives together if it weren't for her actions and one hell of a twisted mind. Junko only accepts their "compliments" and says they hand over the video in exchange for Kyoko or they will kill her by shooting her into outer space, the same way she had killed her father, which she presumes will fill the Ultimate Hope with such despair. They have only an amount of time before Makoto is unable to say farewell. But to their amazement, Makoto stands tall and answers no. He refuses to go by Junko's demands and intends to rescue Kyoko, declaring he won't give in. His friends and Kyoko announce they won't give in either, much to Junko's frustration before Makoto ends the call. Enraged, Junko tells Monaca to get the rocket ready.

Makoto, Byakuya, Hajime, Chiaki, Nagito, Komaru and all their friends must race against time and find Junko before it's too late. In a few of their heads, they want to get back at her for what she had done to them. In Hajime's mind however, Izuru wasn't done. Junko and her henchmen were well prepared with weapons, killer Monokumas and things that would drive everyone in despair. They even had control of giant Monokumas that are hacked, and things get crazy. But thanks to the time they have spent with Makoto and each other, with some love and power couple business on the side, the students work together and use their talents and wits to overcome despair and outsmart Junko's Monokumas and henchmen. Plus, they had Monomi and Shirokuma. Meanwhile, Kyoko manages to free herself before getting forced into the rocket that blasts off and crashes back down to earth.

In the process, all 3 heroes defeat each villain. Hajime's team notice something is off with him, and stand in shock to see the familiar glare of Izuru. As he struggles to grab hold of who he is, Chiaki's voice reaches him, saying Izuru was never the real him, and Nagito ads he is just a figment created from the negative emotions that overtook him. As his team encourage him to not give in, Hajime and Izuru mentally fight. The bad is taken down and never seen again. As his classmates check on him, he utters that "he's gone". Monaca had a special surprise for Komaru. She had been saving this for a special occasion. Komaru looks up to see a Monkuma about the size of a building, and Monaca prepares to destroy her. But the Warriors of Hope, being the kids they are, also had a surprise. They were able to control their own mega Monokuma, and the battle just got more epic. With Masaru's help, Komaru reaches the source and battles Monaca by herself after Masaru is kicked out and caught by his fellow warriors. Even though she was a child, Komaru did not hesitate. Their brawl causes damage to the suit's control panel, causing it to collapse. Komaru jumps from the head victorious, but exhausted, gripping onto the other suit and looks back to see Monaca left to die from her wounds.