Ch.Ⅰ- Curiosity Killed The Cat

February 1st, 2022

" I would like an Americano please" a guy in black said to the barista behind the counter.

"Oh, trying new menu. I see? That would be 2.50 $" she said to the guy

As soon as he got his basic black coffee, he sat down at the corner of the cafe and open his book. It has his name written in the front page 'This book belongs to Vayu' which is seemingly written in form of arrangement of craft paper. Even though Vayu doesn't have interest in craft, he is always open to try new opportunities, craftsmanship is one of them.

He is always obsessed in dark and earth-tone clothing in his 20s. Unlike his adolescence years where he was very expressive and silly in choosing his attire. For him, entering young adulthood makes him long for a more simple style to blend in with the crowds while being himself.

The clock shows 3.15 P.M as he keeps turning page over page, while sipping his only calorie-free drink. He realized that the only way to stay awake while reducing the amount of sugar is by having his coffee black. It was the first time he had his coffee black, that explains why the barista was a little bit surprised when he didn't order his usual Latte.

The cafe was not as busy as usual, even though the time has passed since Vayu arrived. It is 5.30 P.M and there are barely 5 people around this vintage eurasian cafe. After 2 hours of reading, Vayu decided to go outside and have some fresh air.

"It's time. Maybe I should get some fresh air and touch some grass to keep myself sane" he said to himself while putting his headphone on and play a song entitled 'Stand Out Fit In' a famous song from a Japanese band called One-Ok-Rock.

Little did he know, but that was the moment when he passed through familiar figure that brings deja vu to a memory that he has never kept. A girl with ponytail and dressed in crimson red dress was in front of the counter.

Vayu kept questioning his thoughts, "It feels like I know her, but who is she?"

"Forget it, maybe it was all just my INFP memory malfunctioning" he thought to himself

On his way to get some fresh air at local park, he received an e-mail saying that he is invited to a job interview. Being absence from full-time work for a long time, receiving this kind of news made him as excited as ever.

"Oh Damn! Okay, I gotta prepare for this interview. Let's not screw it this time like the previous one" he promised to himself.

                                                                          •❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

Without a doubt, Vayu gave his all in order to get this position, he applied for a position as a writer at a giant publishing company 4 months ago. Unlike most of his job applications, he remembered this position well and sent the company his best novel draft.

"Here goes nothing" a famous line that he pronounced before clicking the send button. When most job applicants forget to put their documents on the attachment, Vayu was definitely more attentive yet he still hasn't been as succesful as he wished himself.

Who could have thought that after months of waiting, he can finally gets his chance to show off his writing skills on a calm February day with remnants of winter vibes. 

                                                                           •❅───✧❅✦❅✧───❅•

February 2nd, 2022, 10.00 A.M

Vayu approached the publishing company headquarters fearlessly. Confidently push the elevator button straight to the 2nd floor where he was told to meet up with the recruiter. One question remains, Where did he get all this confidence?