Ch. Ⅳ - Birds of a Feather Flock Together

May 21st, 2022

While preparing himself to go out, rain suddenly pours. It's not common for rainy season to come this early. At least Vayu glad that he has taken his dirty clothes to laundry, no more hassle to take laundry off the clothesline. Additionally, even though he is an INFP, Vayu was more than prepared to go out, he already brought his umbrella with him (basically everywhere), it's always better safe than sorry.

Judging by the distance from his apartment to Black Lab Coffee Co, it takes 45 mins by train to go there. He was clearly too early since the sun is still nowhere on top of his head, it was still 11.00 A.M. Instead of directly walking to the train station, he decided to grab some cookies from local cookie shop for a quick takeaway for his old pal, Dietrich.

"What else could I bring? A financial report?" Vayu laughed to his own joke

After getting some choco chip cookies in a hamper, he directly went to the train station. Since it was raining heavily, the train was delayed for 10 minutes from the initial departure time. Downpour like this mostly occurs around March, April, and May in East Breeze just before the Summertime begins.

As he arrived at the station nearby Black Lab Coffee Co, he checked whether the cookies were still intact because the packaging is paper-based.

"Thankfully, it's still there" Vayu was relieved

He realized that most industries use less plastic and choose paper for packaging, and it is one of the downside of it. Being green and eco-friendly don't necessarily mean being more convenient. Maybe sometimes they are the exact opposite.

The rain was not as heavy as before by the time Vayu checked his watch, it was 12.40 P.M. After following his map carefully, he finally arrived at the cafe. It was surrounded by clothing store, and gift shop, pretty sure it was a shopping district area.

The word "Black Lab Coffee Co." logo was pretty easy to spot, it was written in black font and has a dog silhouette in the center. After knowing this was the place, he directly entered the cafe.

Small bell rang as he entered the small neighborhood style cafe.

"Welcome, how may I help you?" a British-Asian woman asked to Vayu as he approached the counter

"Oh, hello there. What's your specialty here?"

"We have Tahuna House Blend, you can also grab one on the go to roast it yourself"

"Is it strong in taste?"

"Yes, it has chocolate and caramel-y hint as well, is it similar to your liking?"

"I think I will grab this on the go, do you have smaller size?"

"Absolutely, we have three packs for you to choose. The biggest one is 500 grams, the medium one is 200 grams, and the smallest one is 100 grams. We currently have a promotion sale if you are interested. If you buy the medium one, you will get the the small one for free"

"Interesting, okay, I will go with the medium one. And I will have hot chocolate for dine in"

"That will be 12.00 $, including the freebies"

"Here you go" Vayu lent his debit card

"Your password, sir" The barista asked after inputting the total price at the device

"Done"

"Thank you for your purchase, please be seated and we will deliver your hot chocolate" the Barista returned Vayu's debit card and lent him the Roasted Coffee Pouch