Chapter-10

Happy reading 💙

Arianna Valentino

"Let's frame a new contract. Is it okay with you Raphael?", I asked sweetly as he laughed at other side.

"Why Arianna? I prefer my own terms in contract. Should I listen to you?", He mocked me as I laughed off his comment.

Morning,I received a contract from Raphael.

And my temper gone high.

He literally killed me with his arrogance.

The contract, I framed was to make him mad and I succeeded.

But I got a gift in return.

His wrath.

In the contract, there is a term.

God, I laughed crazily in anger reading the term.

"Wife should not breathe while husband is present ten meters near her. Husband might get infected with toxicity".

"Wife's tone should be less than 5 decibel around her husband as husband prefers silence".

"Wife should not walk around the husband as it will distract him. She will be send out when he dislikes her preference".

My eyes popped out when I read the clauses.

That crazy jerk.

"Raphael, I have a meeting in few minutes. I hope you consider my opinion", I scoffed as I pictured his smirk.

He may won this time. But next time, I will make him pay.

"Thanks to your contract. It guided me well to write mine", I closed my eyes in irritation.

This is your fault Arianna. He is not the one you mess with.

"Um..I apologise", I said in a low voice as I heard his chuckle.

"I can't hear you", amusement lacing his voice.

"I apologise for the inconvenience I caused you, Mr.Silvestro", I barked letting my anger out.

He ended the call with his signature laugh.

Walking out of my cabin to Victoria's, she looked surprised coming next to my side.

"Victoria, Hit me hard",as soon as the words left my mouth, she gave me a punch on my stomach almost making me fall back.

"You did not waste any second Victoria. Were you expecting a chance?",I sneered at her as she smiled.

"Yes boss. These days you are getting on my nerves", she smirked as I glared at her.

"Let's get to the meeting, boss. Wah, I feel so good", her teasing started as I pushed her away on the way.

After the meeting, I went home to meet dad and mom trying one last time to get their approval.

BACKSTORY PART 1

Thirty years ago

A young couple in their twenty were having their first date.

"What's your favourite color?", Marco asked a girl name Anita.

"I go with red and yours?", She asked Marco as they talked about their likings.

As they have finished, Anita excused herself to washroom.

Marco checked for his wallet. He could not use his card to pay as he was under his mom's radar.

He even escaped home when he was banned to exit his home along with his brother.