Chapter-13

Happy reading 💙

Arianna Valentino

'Broken Promises are better than fake ones'.

His words were haunting me all night. Sipping on wine, I stared at the sky from my porch.

Putting my hands on rail for support, I searched for the stars in the sky.

Flash Back

"Raphael, Where are you? Please reach out when you receive my call", pleading to the voicemail of him, I wiped my tears out.

Taking a deep breathe,trying to compose myself, I walked along the road like a crazy woman on loose.

My vision clouding again by tears, I took a look of my appearance. Dripping of blood on road made me wonder, How much more should I bleed?

My hands pooled of blood drenching my skirt, as I kneeled down clutching my hands tightly to my chest groaning in pain.

Remembering Raphael's words, I chuckled.

'I'm just One phone call away. Remember that Ria'.

But he is nowhere to be seen. I donnot need him for my rescue. I'm capable of handling myself. I have a lot of questions for him.

Did he really betray me? Did he took revenge on me?

I need explanations.My thoughts are running wild and my trust in him starting to fade away.

The unbearable pain in my chest asking me to stop is driving my mind crazy.

The urge to shout and scream at Raphael to lighten my pain.

Like always, he was no where to be seen when I needed him most.

Dragging myself with the last pound of strength in me, I reached hospital.

My body and my heart is aching for relief while my mind is asking for a rest.

Visions clouded again making me stumble as I started falling.

Someone hugged me,lifting me up asking me to wake up.

And then...finally the relief I wanted.

One month later

"Ria,Please let me see you", Raphael's shout made into my ear in Lil's home. It's one in night and Lil was sleeping tight.

And I did the worst thing.

Meeting him.

My emotions started to hype seeing his worried face as I raised my hand to feel his presence.

Taking control of my emotions, putting my hands in place, I stared at him.

"What's wrong baby? Why do you want to break up?", His sweet voice made me almost cry.

"Where were you for thirty days?", I asked him as he gone silent.

"Raphael, You ghosted me and went to travel for one month without giving any notice. This is not first time",  those are the words that I always wanted to say to him.

But all the while,I kept my mouth shut because it may ruin our relationship.

I told okay when I was not at all okay.

I should had talked with him rather than bottling up my emotions.

I was not ready and I liked the thing we had with each other.

"We have talked this out, Arianna. I was out for my business", he spoke as he placed his hands on my shoulder.

Stepping away from his hold, I took a deep breathe.

"We never talked, Raphael. You always take off without any notice. You always do what you want. You never ask my opinion even if we have to do things together", my eyes watered as his face turned pale.

"Ria, I apologise baby. I should have told you", he mumbled himself to him.

"You don't trust me Raphael. At the end you see me as a Valentino", I took a dark chuckle as his face turned red in anger.

"Don't say things you don't mean. I have never seen you as a Valentino", he snapped at me as I glared at him.

"Then why did you hid the file about your new project?", He looked shocked.

"That's a different matter. Don't get confused", he explained as I laughed.

"You are leaving for Paris tomorrow for your university", I told as he just stared at me.

"You are here to inform me about this and want to part ways in a smooth manner. You are not here to discuss..you are here to inform. This is why I want to end things between us", He did not deny my accusations.

As usual he went into no talking mode.

"Let's break up, Raphael", I said as I smiled hiding my pain.

"If that's wha you want", he chuckled darkly as his features held anger.

"Good bye, Silvestro", I smirked at him wiping my tears, putting on a brave face.

"Good bye, Valentino", he smirked back as we both turned our backs on each other.

After that, I met him after five years, In
P'sghetti's Restaurant for discussing about our marriage idea set up by Almond and Matteo.

Present

I put myself to sleep after having few drinks.

Waking up in the morning, I was waiting with my lawyer  to meet Raphael in my office.

To discuss our terms in contract as day after tomorrow is our wedding.

"Mam, Mr.Silvestro is here", Victoria informed as Raphael got in with his lawyer.

"Ms. Valentino", he smirked as I rolled my eyes at him.

"Hello, Ms.Valentino, I'm John", the lawyer introduced himself as we shook hands after Catherine introduced herself.

"Let's start", John started as we took our seats.

We all seated in couch as our lawyer's opened the contract and exchanged between us.

I started reading his contract.

The first term is, We will be married for at least one year.

After that, if either one of the party want a divorce, they can.

The second term is, We will be working on a buisness project if needed.

As soon as I read that clause, I turned my head to look at him.

He was smirking at me as I smirked.

My guess was right. He was after that project.

The dam project. Most expensive one.

The one that I was waiting for.

But to acquire the project, my firm must be stronger one.

But my firm will be strongest, if Silvestro and Valentino are together.

We are on so much sync,this time.

We needed each others help.

Let's see how it goes for the next one year.

Love ❤️❤️ Moniagnes