Chapter 6 - Bloated Stomach

Realisation hit me like a smack in the face. He was only with me to protect me, acting like he was kind just for money? What kind of twisted life did I have?

Most importantly, why would I need a bodyguard?

I thought and analysed my flashback from last evening as I woke up. I massaged my temples, reminding myself of the headache that came with my new memory.

My chest tightened as I remembered how James told me he had no interest in me, because I was only a little girl. He didn't look that much older than me but just a couple years.

And was I dating someone? I shouted at him telling him off, to stop giving me love advice in my memory. Why would he care anyway if he wasn't interested? I'm sure that wasn't part of his contract.

I had millions of unanswered questions.

I've been staying in the same house for a couple of days without any contact with reality or other people.

I've had enough.

I was hurt, and I felt emotional. I felt like crying and shouting at the same time. I didn't know if it was because of my memory situation, or if I was about to get my period, but my mental state was definitely unhealthy.

Luckily, James bought some comfortable clothes that fit me perfectly. He must have dropped bags full of them on the floor when he got home last night and found me in pain.

I looked through the bags and found slim fitting joggers, thermal leggings, tops, hoodies, nice thick winter socks, jumpers to keep me warm and underwear.

I was happy that the underwear was nice and simple. Besides, he couldn't have known my bra size, so he bought me comfy sports bras instead and high leg knickers.

It's because he doesn't find you attractive, so didn't buy anything sexy.

Sigh. I was only ever going to be a little girl in his eyes, huh?

I was still mad at him, no matter how much joy I felt when I changed from his oversized clothes to my new, perfect fitting ones.

He made sure nothing was tight fitting and it was all stretchy on my stomach. It was all very casual, and I would have loved getting some tight skinny jeans.

I need to ask him to buy me some next time...

I decided to take a shower before I built up courage to see James again. I walked into the en-suite bathroom and took my clothes off.

I completely forgot to check my appearance after the first day. I guess I was scared I'd see myself in the same way.

But now when looking into the mirror, I thought I looked healthy. My skin looked plump, glossy, uninjured. My hair was long, straight and shiny. My eyes looked brighter without any dark circles.

My stomach looked... A bit bloated.

I sighed. I really must have eaten too much from stressing out about James. He probably left me way too much food in the fridge and I took advantage of it.

I wanted to lose weight.

Even after taking a shower and getting changed into a simple tank top and joggers, I still felt like I'd put on way too much weight.

After drying my hair, I took a deep breath before opening the door into the living room.

Surprisingly, I saw James was cooking something in the kitchen and he had his back turned to me. I looked at his broad shoulders and slim, tall figure and it was enough for my face to heat up. What was wrong with me?