Chapter 19- Where Do We Go

Later that night, Sam finally had gotten off the floor and outside. It was still freezing but it felt good. She drove down to the beach where the water was ice and the sand was covered with snow with little patches of sand showing. She walked on the edge of the sand like she would in the summer thinking of a way to get her things out of Harry's apartment without causing any drama again. She shook her head telling herself to shut up in her mind.

Sam heard a car door up in the parking lot and slightly turned her head to see who it was. She couldn't tell by his jacket and the darkness so she kept walking. The man walked down towards her without speaking so she hurried her pace.

"S-Sam?" The man stuttered. Sam turned still watching the man walk to her. As he stepped closer, she realized it was Niall, not some creeper trying to rape her.

"Niall, why are you here?" She asked letting her shoulders relax.

"Well, I came looking for Harry while he was searching for you. Did he already get to you first?"

Sam nodded.

"Oh." He looked at her rosy cheeks and her hair blowing. Tilting his head he added, "I'm really sorry Sam."

Sam breathed in hard, looking out into the ocean then looked passed Niall.

"Remember when we were sitting together over there last summer?" Sam recalled. "Man, it feels like days ago." She walked passed him going to the spot. She sat down and played with snow in her hands. Niall sat down with her.

"Yeah. Was fun. Remember the time I almost killed you last summer?"

"That was mostly my fault though," Sam said laughing. "Was fun," she added jokingly.

"What do we do now?" Niall asked. "It's halfway through senior year. Where are we all gonna go?"

"I don't know," Sam said. "I wish I knew."