Chapter 13- Little Things

"I'm just gonna start off by saying we are all complete jerks, ok?" Harry said in a swift voice.

"Why? What did you do Styles?" Niall asked moving his head closer to the front of Harry's car so he could hear him better.

Harry cleared his throat. "I, uh, I guess I cheated on Sam."

Louis faced Harry strait, "You guess? What do you mean you 'guess'?" Louis squinted at Harry hissing his words.

Harry took a quick glance at Louis. "I was drunk and I don't even know if I even had sex with Lexi then."

"But she said she was pregnant."

"Louis, you don't know Lexi! She lies!" Harry slipped out. "She lies a lot."

Harry turned the corner and just barely stopped at a stop sign that was there right as he turned.

"Dude, you suck at driving." Zayn said under his breath.

Harry rolled his eyes. "Shut up." Harry placed his foot on the gas and just sped up a little too quickly making their heads go back into their headrests. Louis chuckled. Harry glared at Louis once more. "Where is it again?"

"The first building on the left. That's it." Zayn pointed to an old gray building with some graffiti on the side. The steps were an ugly green and the door was chipping with paint.

"Looks pretty old," Liam said unsurely.

"It is. But the inside looks like new. It's pretty sick."

Harry stopped the car and they all unbuckled and got out. Zayn went first to the door and shook the handle a bit to get it to turn. He propped the door open and they all walked in. The other four boys looked around in awe as they saw records on the walls and signed pictures with frames covering them. Niall went up to a certain one.

"Hey, Zayn, was this really signed by The Beatles?" He looked back up at it at Paul's signature.

"Yup, all four." Zayn turned around and saw his dad's friend walking towards the door. "Hey, Mike, where's dad?"

Mike turned to Zayn. "Oh he's out for lunch. You need something?"

"No, my mates and I just wanted to hang here for a while."

Mike slowly opened the front door. "Yeah, you can hang here. The basement’s unlocked, you can hang down there." Mike nodded and went out the door.

"Thanks." Zayn turned around and gestured towards the basement door.

"Whoa, Zayn, am I a loud to play this?" Niall pointed to a beautiful guitar standing at the side of a desk.

Zayn shrugged. "Yeah sure if you want." Niall smiled biting his lip and grabbed the guitar and went first down the steps to the basement followed by Liam, Zayn, Harry, and then Louis.

"Wow," Louis whispered. "Nice studio."

"Thanks. I always hung out down here to draw or recording with my dad."

As they walked around the studio, Harry came up to a pile of paper. They were music. He tilted his head and picked a couple of papers up and looked through them. He came across one that caught his eye. He picked it up, staring at the title then the words. He licked his lips, afraid to ask about it.

"Hey Zayn," Harry said still staring at it. "What's this?"

Zayn came over to Harry as Liam picked up a guitar and started to strum with Niall.

"Oh, those are my dad’s songs he wrote a while ago. That might be a newer one he wrote." He took the paper in his hands and thought for a moment. He then went to a cabinet and opened it to find copies of the song and took four more out. He spun around to the boys. "You guys wanna try it out?"

The boys put confused faces on except for Niall. He stared at the ground.

"Do we want to sing it?" Louis asked.

"Yeah. Why not? No one has tried recording it before. We can sing it and I can tell my dad if we liked it or not."

It fell silent for a couple seconds when Harry perked up, "sounds brilliant."

Harry and Zayn looked around at the other boys. They all gave in except for Niall who was still looking at the ground. He slowly looked up and looked at them.

"You want to Niall?" Liam asked.

Niall shrugged. "I can't sing." He lightly played his guitar as the boys looked back at each other.

"Niall, I hear you sing all the time in your room. You can sing," Harry said crossing his arms.

Niall picked at his fingers and swallowed. "Fine."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Watch Little Things on the side at this point) :) xx