Chapter 6

My papa Teo is the one who will accompany me to the forest the next morning. Papa Jaime is preparing with the King to implement the planting of fruits and vegetables that I suggested, Papa Vincent and Acer are hunting, and Papa Danny is busy constructing the furniture that I ask for. And Mama is also busy drying the fruits I collected yesterday.

My brothers also joined me in the forest to harvest herbs. We saw a lot of people like yesterday. Everyone is really busy getting ready for the winter.

I discovered many edible mushrooms while harvesting herbs. However, just as I was about to touch them, a strong hand swiftly gripped my hand. I looked up and noticed a pair of brown eyes staring at me. My father and brothers were alerted but the handsome stranger already let go of my hands.

"Don't touch those. They are very poisonous." He said while staring at me.

I observed him as my father and the stranger were conversing. He appears to have just come of age recently and is a fox beastman. He has brown eyes, orange-red hair, and a tall and slender frame to go along with his height. The fact that he has two black stripes on his neck despite being young indicates that he is strong and has lots of potentials. It also depicts the difficulties he has to endure at such a young age.

It seems that he felt me staring at him because he immediately looked in my direction. I was embarrassed to be caught, so I hid behind my father.

The twinkle in his eyes and the grin that forms on his lips convey that he is amused. My father growled at him, so I tried to change the subject.

"Well those are oyster mushrooms, they are edible and very yummy," I said while imagining all those delicious foods that can be cooked with them. Imagining it made me drool, then I snapped out of it when I heard a laugh.

"Pfft. Ehem, How can you be sure that they are safe?" He inquired.

How should I tell him that I know because I searched it up on the internet in my past life?

"I saw a small animal eating those and they seem fine." Well, he only said how I know it's safe, not How I know its name. I thought

"Then how do you know its name?" He teasingly asked like he read my mind. I observed his lips grinning and his eyes glinting with enjoyment as he recognized the loophole in his first question and wanted to tease me.

"I do not know its name, so I improvised" Luckily I immediately thought of an answer, although it's kind of unbelievable,

He chuckles at my attempt. I don't care how attractive he is; I don't like the way he kept making fun of me. Therefore, I hastily gathered those mushrooms and checked to see whether there were any more of them before dragging my father and brother to the opposite side of the forest.

Even though he did not follow us, I have the distinct feeling that he is still keeping an eye on me from a distance.

After we had gathered a large number of herbs that we need, we hurriedly made our way back home.

-----

The first few days of winter have gone by without a hitch for us, and the food supplies we have stored away are still sufficient for us to survive. My fathers, on the other hand, do not want to take any chances, therefore they continued hunting since they are still able to withstand the cold. To stay warm, we put on several layers of clothing. We plan on making a cotton-padded coat out of the furs we have stored away. In addition to that, we also plan to create blankets using the cotton that we have gathered. The item that I commissioned my father Danny to construct can be found in the next room. To tell you the truth, I am not entirely certain that I correctly sketched the blueprint because I can only vaguely remember its general outline. Nevertheless, we can merely try to add some adjustments to it.

I couldn't contain my excitement, so I went straight to give it a shot. First, the cotton was washed, and then it was laid out to dry. After that, we will sort the cotton fibers manually by carding the cotton on a wide table equipped with metal pins and a large version of a dog brush. (Sorry I don't know how to describe it.😅) When I was in the middle of carding, I suddenly became exhausted due to the large amount of cotton and my relatively small body.

"Cub, let me do those things for you already. You can just tell me what to do and you can rest." My father Acer worriedly said. He is the only one left with me as my other fathers were either hunting or busy.

My hands were already hurting so I obliged right away. After that, I explained to him that he can slowly pull the cotton apart into thin strands while spinning it into a piece of wood known as a spindle. A spindle is essentially a thin rod with rounded and tapered ends. Finally, we have some yarn.

In addition, we used the loom to weave the yarn into fabrics. We have to make a lot of adjustments because it sometimes resulted in failure. In the end, it was nevertheless successful despite the fact that it took us a lot of days to complete. Nonetheless, we are still pleased and have celebrated our success. I had no idea that this odd and useless knowledge of mine from the past would be so useful to me. I'm grateful for my previous life's curiosity and novel addiction.

I was also informed that my brothers were going to transform anytime soon since they will be turning 7 this year. So that's another thing to prepare.

Male cubs in this world can only transform when they reach the age of seven. Because it involves bone reconstruction, the procedure will be highly painful for them. You could consider it a test of some kind because some died because they couldn't take the excruciating pain. After they have finished transforming, they will be extremely hungry and will want food to replenish their energy. It's also their prize for surviving the transformation.

I went inside my brothers' room, where they were huddled together. These days, they were either sleeping or waking up solely to eat. I know this is a sign that their transition is approaching since their bodies are storing all of the energy they'll require. I couldn't help but worry for them, but I'm confident they'll make it through the transformation.

They opened their eyes and pulled me to the middle, where we fell asleep snuggling together.Beast God, please help them with their transformation and keep them safe. I thought to myself, I absolutely love these brothers of mine.