Chapter 8

Beep... Beep...

The sound of the heart rate monitor sounds so loud amidst the quiet room. You can see a young girl with many tubes on her body in a deep sleep.

Her fingers suddenly moved, alerting the other people, who we can assume were her parents. They pushed a button to let the nurses and doctors know, and then they stood next to her. Waiting for a sign that she will wake up.

Suddenly, the girl's eyelashes flutter as her eyelids slowly opens. She was dazed at first, but then her gaze moved to her parents. Then her eyes began to water.

Jasmine's POV

My eyelids felt heavy as if a rock is weighing them down. I heard the machine, the buzz of the button, and someone's loud voice. It's too noisy, I need to shut them down, I thought.

When I finally opened my eyes slowly, I was met with blinding lights and the white ceiling. Where am I? I thought.

Then, my eyes move around the room as it finally fell to two people — My parents. They seem so haggard and stressed. My mom is about to break down while she's being held by my dad who also has tears in his eyes.

My eyes watered at the sight of them. I can't seem to remember why I'm here and what happened to me that caused my parents to age so fast. I felt guilt and relief? I felt like I haven't seen them for many years which caused me to miss them dearly.

Why? I thought. I remembered that I am in my room reading the novel, Beast Harem. Then I fell asleep afterward. So, why am I here? Why do I miss them when I saw them only yesterday?

Then nurses and doctors rushingly went to my side to check me. They did a series of tests before letting me and my parents alone.

"How do you feel?" My mother asked after she and dad went to my side.

"Ok, I guess? Still feeling confused though as to why I'm in the hospital" I answered her

My parents immediately recall what happened. My mother decided to wake me up for lunch that day because I was still sleeping. At first, they were angry because I didn't wake up. But then, she immediately panicked after a long time.

They decided to bring me to the hospital immediately and so, I was confined here and declared in a coma. I only woke up a week later.

"How many days did you not sleep for you to woke up a week later?" She jokingly asked to lighten the mood, but I know she's serious.

"From now on, we will be forcing you to sleep early every day." My father said. It seems that what happened really scared them.

---------
I was confined in the hospital for a few days after I woke up. My siblings, relatives, and friends visited me during the course of those days.

But, I can't help but feel that I seem to forget something. Something that is very important to me. During those days, I keep racking my head to remember what I seem to forget. But, I really can't recall. Hmm, whatever. Maybe it's not that important. I thought.

I spend my days catching up with my friends, spending time with my family, and even playing pranks with my siblings. I felt really happy seeing them. Not until my mother said something that truly shocked me.

"You should go back, your other family is waiting for you." My mother softly said to me. She seems like she's about to cry anytime soon. But, I can't understand what she's saying.

"What?" I asked. At this point, I am starting to panic. The look that my family gave me is so heartbreaking. It's like they're happy even though they're not.

"We are already happy that we get to spend time with you for the last time. Even though we want this to stay forever, we know we can't keep you here as you now belong in another world." My father said. Then it hit me. It hit me like a truck. All those memories that I forgot quickly came to me. I can't believe it. I want to be with them. But I also began to love my new family.

"Go, live your new life happily. You still have a bright future ahead of you. I know you're strong. Just promise me to live happily, ok?" She said.

I cried. All those worries and negative feelings were lifted from my shoulder. I cried like a baby while hugging my mom. My father and siblings also went to hug us. We stayed like that for a long time.

Then they recalled what happened to me. I was right, I died. And it's not like I forgot how I died. It's just, I am not aware that I died since it was so sudden. I died in my sleep.

Like those posts on social media that my mom constantly shares with me, warning me. But, being the stubborn daughter that I am, I did not believe those posts and thought that she was just being paranoid. Now, look at what happened to me.

Though if I died like those people, then is it possible that they also transmigrate or reincarnated in another world like me? I thought though it doesn't really matter to me.

I also counted my life so far with them. They were shocked at first of course since it is a really unique world. Nevertheless, they were happy that I have an amazing family in my new life.

Then suddenly, I was shrouded with golden light. It looks familiar as the light that shrouded me during the ceremony. My body also started to get transparent. I cried and shouted mom and dad. I still don't want to go since I know this will be my last chance to see them. I told them in my last attempt that I love them so much. And they too said it to me.

Then all of a sudden, everything turned black. I was woken up by someone shaking me. When I opened my eyes, all my new family was beside me. They seem to be crying. When they noticed that I opened my eyes, they immediately hugged me. I cried. They panicked and asked me if I was alright.

"We were very worried about you. We suddenly heard you screaming and crying so hard. Don't do that again my cub alright? Don't let us get worried again." My mother cryingly said as she hugged me.

In the past, I said that I did not have any regrets about dying. But seeing my last family brought me the closure I never knew I needed. The only thing I was doing to keep my mind from wandering was hypnotizing myself into believing that everything was fine. But now, I only felt relief.

Plus, my parents in the past look like my parents in this life, they also have the same name. So it also helps me in adjusting faster.

And only now did I realize that I was able to see my parents for the final time because of the Beast God. Those golden lights were really similar. Maybe God took pity on me and gifted me those blessings. If so, I thank them with all my heart.

Mom, Dad, Jace, Jacky I promise I will live this life happily. So please also be happy and move forward even without me by your side. I love you all. I thought as I doze off to sleep.