Chapter 4

Ever since the small conversation Gingerbrave had with Lotus, he seemed to be in deep thought, thinking about what'll happen after all cookies return to their original state.

'Why didn't I think of this before? When this battle ends, where will we go? Where will we stay? The harder we try to get to the city of wizards, the less sense it makes. Will the dragons even allow us to stay with them?? So many questions...'

While he was questioning himself, he bumped into someone.

"WOAH, WOAH, BE CAREFUL- oh?"

"AH! I'm so sorry! I wasn't paying attention- Ananas?"

"Oh, hello! You must be the kid that ended in Lotus's island with your friends, aren't you?"

"Yep! Strange, I know."

"Hehe. Good to know that even after what happened there, you're still intact."

"Thank you, Ananas! And I have a question."

"Oh yeah? What's that?"

"Did you ever expect to see your dragon friends again? In a time like this, it must be hard..."

Ananas didn't say anything after that, from a thoughtful look to a sad one, as if reminiscing. Gingerbrave looked up at them, worried if he made the dragon angry, but what they replied was unexpected.

"In all honesty, small one, I missed them greatly. They were my everything, my family. They still are. The five of us were close to each other, but one event caused us to separate..."

Gingerbrave nodded, feeling touched to see the prideful dragon's vulnerable side.

"I gave them up so I could live on that island, and I didn't mind at first. But as time went on, I realized how alone I felt in my nest FULL of people...!"

Gingerbrave flinched at the raise of tone. 'They said people instead of cookies. Does that mean they felt alone even though others live there?' he thought. But the dragon didn't finish.

"Sometimes, every week, I visit a place only I know. It's a temple of the dragons. There's one sculpture of each one of us. I smile whenever I look at it, but then it gets replaced with deep sadness."

The dragon's voice cracked. Gingerbrave saw the look on their face, the dragon holding tears.

"I missed them, Brave. I truly did." One teardrop fell from their eyes before they wiped it stubbornly.

"I'm...so sorry, Ananas Dragon Cookie. I had no idea that talking about that would hurt you."

Gingerbrave looked down, slightly ashamed, but heard the dragon chuckling softly.

"Don't be, small one. I'm glad you asked. It's about time I told someone how I felt whether young or not." They said, ruffling Gingerbrave's hair, causing him to giggle.

"YO, GUYSSS! ARE YOU COMING OR WHAT?!" They heard Pitaya yell, startling them.

"BE RIGHT THERE!!" Ananas yelled back. "Well, to be continued."

The two ran, catching up with the group in front of them.

Time skip

"Guys, are you sure we should be following Snake Fruit? I'm starting to think this is a trap." Alchemist Cookie murmured.

"I see why, but we have no choice! We have to find the Longan Dragon and try to stop them!" Whispered yelled Gingerbright.

"I'll regret the words as soon as they come out of my mouth, but what the hell? I agree with her." Dark Choco Cookie said.