- ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ | ғɪᴠᴇ ʀᴜʟᴇs

┏                        ┐
ᴛʜᴜɴᴅᴇʀ
ii. Five Rules
└                         ┛
MARCH TWENTY-SEVENTH, 2005
2:53 A.M.
THE ARCHFIELD HOTEL

     NICOLETTE WAS DYING

     NICOLETTE WAS DYING. Or atleast, that's what she felt was happening. Even though she'd never died, this is what she thought it would feel like. She was sat on the cool bathroom tile, almost naked (only in a bralette and underwear.) It hadn't been more than three hours ago that she'd been at a mixer for the new interns, a night of fun before their lives were completely and utterly taken over.

       Now, about three hours later, her body was hunched over the toilet in her hotel bathroom. Maybe she shouldn't have drank so much expensive champagne, or maybe she shouldn't let her nerves get to her. She felt as if she was drowning in her anxiety, which was normal for her. But it still wasn't often that she threw up because of it. So, it probably was the extremely overpriced champagne (she still got it free, though!)

       The brunette woman grabbed the washcloth to her right and placed it onto her forehead, sighing. She was currently working up the bodily strength to stand from the floor and walk to her bed. After about five excruciating minutes, Nicolette pushed her body up and flushed the toilet. She flailed her arms around in search of the bed in the pitch black room. Once she finally felt the soft sheets, she sighed in relief and moved her body into the warm cocoon.

       It wasn't even two minutes later before the woman was fully consumed in slumber. Her dreams  were probably filled with surgery and winning the Harper Avery when she grew older. A girl can dream.

════════•↯•════════
5:24 A.M.

       A LOUD RINGING NOISE COULD BE heard from Nicolette's room, startling the brunette. She groaned and threw an arm out of her warm covers the shut the horrid sound off. Eventually, she found the source and smacked it. It was still going off. After a few more good hits, she gave up and just threw the alarm clock. She'd buy a new one later.

       After getting her yawning and stretching out, she swiftly moved from under the covers that buried her. She moved to the bathroom and flipped the lights on. Ouch, she thought. Her blue-green eyes quickly adjusted to the light and she turned the handles to the sink.

       Eventually, she fully awoke herself and slipped into an outfit. Nothing special, she knew that she'd have to change into scrubs later, anyway. She grabbed her backpack and locked the door to her room.

        Here goes nothing, she thought. Here goes nothing.

════════•↯•════════