Youtubers/Alfie pov- The Last Shot

The Last Shot:

The plane touched down onto the runway, it glided across letting me see everything around it so close.
There was grass and tall buildings. Everybody was smiling and happy. Unlike Iraq.
Iraq had dusty roads and cold winters. There was no such thing as a smile.
You guessed it. I'm a soldier. I lost nearly everyone closest to me in battle.
Jim, Matt, Connor, Tyler, Troye, Caspar.
Myself, Joe and Marcus sat on the plane, ready to go back home.
We all had been waiting. Waiting for the day we would surprise our families by returning.
But only three of us will now.
Zoe, Niomi and Gabby had no idea that we survived it all.
They know about the others. But to them we are 'missing in action'.
They are about to get the surprise of there lives.
We had been building up to this moment since we started fighting.
However none of us were smiling.
We had pieces missing.
We left as a group, but came back as a three.
It was suddenly becoming too real. The plane bumped down into land, I turned my head either side to look at both Joe and Marcus. We had bruises and cuts covering out faces. Our army gear, smelling and damp. We had bags under our eyes from lack of sleep matching all the other soldiers that filled the plane. Most of which were happy, they had everyone there.
We didn't.
_____________
Standing close to Joe and Marcus, we stood outside of my house.
The street lights and Christmas decorations coated the streets. The sea and sand made me feel fuzzy inside. It felt amazing to be home. But now we didn't know what to do. "They're defiantly all there boys" Joe whispered as he peeked through the window into mine and Zoe's living room.
Would Nala recognise me?
We've been gone for two and a half years.
"Let's go" Marcus spoke, as he attempted a half hearted smile.
We nodded at each other and I reached my hand up to the door handle.
I took a deep breath and knocked the frozen knock on the door.
We smiled because it bought back such amazing memories.
"Whoevers at the door must have a good taste because they know the frozen knock that me and ...Alfie... Did" I heard Zoë say but her voice cracked at the end.
A tear flew down my cheek as I heard her soft voice again.
Marcus gripped my shoulder tight and Joe patted my back.
I heard the keys twist in the door. The door handle pushed down. My brain went in slow motion. I heard a gasp. "GIRLS" Zoe screamed. She swung the door open.
All three came bounding out. Tears escaped like a waterfall from all our eyes.
I felt her touch on me again as she fell into my arms.
"Is it really you?" She whispered, clinging on tight to me.
"Yes baby, I've missed you and I love you" I replied whilst squeezing her tightly.
"I love you too alfalfa, I've missed you like you wouldn't believe" she balled her eyes out into my chest.
After what seemed like hours of hugging she released me and cupped my face in her hands. She pulled me forward and crashed my lips onto hers.
I pulled back and smiled a real smile straight at her. I looked at the others and they looked back.
We immediately all wrapped our arms round each other and hugged so tight, I never wanted to let go.
We took a step back.
I span around and looked behind me. Nearly the whole of Brighton had surrounded our door step, somebody counted down and suddenly everybody cheered. I looked out to the crowd and pulled my boys next to me.
I saw somebody push through the front of the crowd.
"Alfie" a weak voice spoke.
"Mum" I cried back. Running down the steps and engulfing her in a hug, then joined by poppy and Sean and my dad. With Nala and Buzz going mental at my feet as I also reach down to stroke them too.
It felt so good to be home.
I had done my duty for my country but I'm back. And it feels so good.
__________
I laid down the final rose onto their graves and took a step back, still holding Zoe's hand tight.
I stared at the precious view in front of me.
R.I.P
Troye
Tyler
Jim
Matt
Connor
Caspar,
Each with a rose on there graves and a message for each individual person.
"Your never going to be forgotten boys" I whispered. I dropped to my knees in pure dispear.
"Not ever" I cried.