Chapter 3.01 - Proposal

*You can't say something you're just standing there starring at him and you can feel some tears running down your face. You haven't expected that and you totally forgot about the woman who came from the boat a few minutes ago. Originally you planned to confront him with that but then this happened. He's still kneeling in front of you with the most beautiful ring you've ever seen. You never expected him to kneel in front of you and ask you to marry him at least not after such a short time back together.*

Charles *uncomfortable*: "Y/N please say something."

*That got you out of your thoughts and even more tears are running down your face.*

Y/N: "Yes. Yes and Yes. I would like to marry you."

*You can hear Charles exhaling loudly before he gets off from the ground and pulls the ring on your finger. You take a closer look at it and you can see that he got yours and his initials on the back of the ring. The front is crowned by small diamonds. You never thought about this. You thought if you'll ever marry someone he's kneeling in front of you with a ring out of the supermarket in front of you and ask you for your hand but you never expected that the most handsome and loveliest person on earth wants to marry you.*

Charles: "Thank god you said yes. I was carrying that ring with me since the day you left to Ibiza."

Y/N: "Wait but..."

Charles: "Yes I broke up with you and trust me I tried to take it back to the jewelry store here in Monaco where you met me but I couldn't instead I bought more jewelry from the. I tried it more than once but I just .... I wasn't able to give up on the thought asking you to become my wife."

Y/N: "You kept the ring although you didn't know if we're ever getting back together?"

Charles: "I was still hoping that we can get through all of this and then I saw you with him in the paddock and that was the moment I was really thinking about giving it back but you cleared things up and then I thought you decided to stay at RBR and that was the moment I decided to go to the jewelry shop and take the ring back because I really thought I was nothing to you accept a good opportunity to push your career."

Y/N: "Charles... You were never never ever a good opportunity to push my career."

*You get closer to him and hug him.*

Y/N: "Don't you dare ever thinking about being just a opportunity for me. I love you, you stupid confusing idiot."

*You can feel his smile when he gives you a kiss on your head.*

Charles: "I love you too."

Y/N: "So you were giving the ring back when I ran into you in Monaco after the race?"

*You pull away a little bit to see his facial expression and he nods.*

Charles: "Actually I really planed to give it back and when I stepped into the store the employee was asking what I want and I just held out the ring. She asked me if my girlfriend said no to the proposal and I just said no. She was quite confused about that and after some time she figured out that I was really disappointed about how things ended. She promised me to keep the ring if I change my mind..."

Y/N *smiling*: "And you did..."

Charles: "I obviously did but she was more confused when I showed up the same day."

*He's now laughing loudly and you have to smile.*

Y/N: "But why now?"

Charles: "Because I can't and I won't live without you in the future. I don't want to spent a day without you. Actually I wanted to do this in Livorno but then everything got a mess and I just wanted this to be perfect."

Y/N: "It's more than perfect Charles. I love it but can we just tell our friends and not the press. I don't want to get involved in more gossip and trouble. It's already a mess with me leaving RBR and now working for Carlos."

Charles *smiling*: "For sure cherie. We tell the world whenever you're ready to do so as long as we're together and honest with each other everything is just fine for me."

Y/N: "Thank you."

Charles: "Shall we go get some dinner now?"

Y/N *smiling brightly*: "Yes please."

Charles: "I just get my jacket inside ok?"

*You nod and he's leaving. Suddenly you hear a phone ring and you take a look on the table you can see that Charles put his phone there and it's buzzing all the time. Suddenly it stoped just to start again after a few seconds. You walk over to the table and take it into your hands. You can see that someone is calling who's not saved in Charles contacts. You're unsure if you should take the call or just put it back on the table. After a few seconds it stoped again and you exhale loudly because you don't have to decide if you should take the call or not. Right when you want to put it back on the table the phone starts to buzz again.*

Y/Ns thought: "This phone number is calling him now the third time. It has to be very important if someone is calling you this constantly. But who is calling him at 9 PM in the evening when it's important? Could be a hospital to tell him that something's wrong with a family member or his brother who's phone's not working? I probably should take the call. He would be angry and sad if it's really the hospital to tell him about a problem with a family member."

*You take the call and after a few seconds you hear a female voice on the other side. You're not saying a word. You're already sure it's not the hospital and nothing serious has happened to a family member of his but you can't just hung up.*

?: "Charles? Hello? What's wrong with you? We had plans for tonight and now you're just not showing up? I thought you meant what you said in Maranello? I really thought this meant something to you?"

________________________________________________________________________________

Feedback is always welcome. :)

Who did call Charles? What will Charles say if he finds out that Y/N took the phone call? What is the woman talking about? When did they meet in Maranello? Was it when Jo took Y/N out of Maranello? Is she the reason why the lied to her? Who was the woman Y/N saw earlier coming from his boat? Did he really plan to propose to her this evening or was he preparing the boat for someone else although he knew that Y/N will show up?