Chapter 4.71 - Thankful

*When you've closed the car doors she doesn't start the engine right away instead she's turning towards you.*

Charles' mum: "You're ok?"

*You look at her in confusion.*

Y/N: "Yes sure. I just need to fix my dress."

*She looks at you with an eyebrow raised. 

Charles' mum: "You didn't tell him?"

*Once again you look at her in confusion.*

Charles' mum: "You know what I'm talking about chérie."

*You  exhale loudly and look down at your hands which you've places on your feet.*

Y/N: "No I didn't."

Charles' mum: "How long do you know?"

Y/N: "I did a test last week at the bridal shop and one today..."

Charles' mum: "After you realized that the dress is not fitting you anymore?"

*You nod and Charles' mum exhales loudly.*

Charles' mum: "You want me to drive you to your doctor so you get confirmation?"

*You nod again and Charles' mum starts the engine. She drives you to your doctor and gets inside the waiting room with you. Thankfully they had an appointment canceled so they can make some test with you. After one hour you have the confirmation that you're pregnant and you're already in the 3rd week. As you lost the last baby they told you to come over almost every week and you need to take everything easy because drama could cause another miscarriage. When you're back in the car Charles' mum takes your hand in hers.*

Charles' mum: "I'm here if you need someone to talk to ok?"

*You nod.*

Y/N: "Thank you and thank you for promising not to tell Charles."

*She nods and squeezes your hand.*

Charles' mum: "But at some point you have to tell him."

Y/N: "I know but I don't want to risk it yet. I just want to avoid him being sad all over again."

Charles' mum: "Chérie you can't avoid this things. He'll always remember that situation because he wasn't there with you instead Arthur was with you. You have no idea how much this hurt him."

Y/N: "I can imagine."

Charles' mum: "He told me yesterday about how much he regrets that he wasn't with you and he let you go alone. He told me that he should have gone with you because it would not have come that far if he was there with you. He would have stoped Arthur."

Y/N: "He couldn't have done anything about it. I would have met Arthur alone at some point and he would have mentioned everything that got me stressed. Charles has nothing to do with the miscarriage."

Charles' mum: "But he thinks that he's involved and if you're not going to tell him about you being pregnant again and something bad happens to you or the baby he will blame himself even more."

Y/N: "I will tell him and as long as he doesn't know about the baby he can't blame himself."

Charles' mum: "But..."

Y/N: "I'm sorry Pas but I can't go through this again. I love him and I don't want to see my love blaming himself or being hurt because of me. I'm not going through this again."

*Charles' mum nods because she definitely got the message and she knows she can't change your mind yet. So she just starts the engine and you're driving to the original location you were about to go before she drove you to the doctor. At the shop she was showing you, you get everything you need to fix your dress so the wedding could still take place on the next day. She then drives you back to Charles flat but before you get out of the car she takes your hand in hers once again and you turn towards her.*

Charles' mum: "Chérie before you're getting upstairs to get your dress so we can change it at my flat I want to tell you that Charles really deserves to know about his second child."

Y/N: "He will know about it but not just yet. I need to do this for me Pas and not for him. It's just for me. I know I'll break if I lose that child again and I need to see his disappointed face looking at me. I see the pain Pas. He tries to hide it all the time but I see it. Every time he looked after I woke up in the hospital. I saw the pain in his eyes. Thankfully the pain in his eyes when he looks at me vanished through the last couple of weeks and I'm not going back there."

Charles' mum: "I understand you chérie and I won't tell him but I don't want you to go to the doctors appointments all alone."

Y/N: "But I need to go there and as I don't have someone here and I'm not going to tell anyone about my pregnancy I need to go alone."

Charles' mum: "No you don't."

*She gives you a smile and squeezes your hand again.*

Charles' mum: "You told me and I'm very thankful about that because you could just have lied to me. I'm going with you to the doctors appointments."

Y/N: "But..."

Charles' mum: "No... I don't want to hear any but here. I'm coming with you if you like it or not. I'm doing THIS for me and for you. You'll need an excuse to go somewhere without Charles and if you're always running late when you're going shopping he will get suspicious so we, you and I we're just meeting every week for lunch or tea as you have the appointments. He won't ask any further as I'm his mother and he knows I won't do anything with you where he could lose you."

*You give her a small smile and squeeze her hand back.*

Y/N: "Thank you... for everything. I'm not used to have someone who's taking care of me but I guess I like this."

Charles' mum: "We're your family for sure we're helping you and we're there for you if you need someone and now go and pick that dress up. We need to change it really quickly because I know as you're not celebrating with a lot of people and only the family knows you're getting married Charles planed something for tonight because you're missing your hen night."

*You look at her in confusion.*

Y/N: "He did?"

*She nods proudly and gives you a smile before pushing you softly.*

Charles' mum: "Now go we need to get you're dress ready."

*You nod and then you're leaving her car.*

_______________________________________________________________________________

Feedback is always welcome. :)

What did Charles plan for the evening? Will Charles' mum and Y/N get everything ready for the wedding on the next day? Will Charles find out about Y/Ns pregnancy? What will he say when he's finding out and what will he say when she tells him about the pregnancy later? Will they get married on Sunday or will someone get in the middle?