𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

126 AC
DRIFTMARK

"AEGON." OTTO HIGHTOWER was pleased to see his eldest grandson was not drunk as he expected.

Aegon stood up straight and placed his clasped hands in front of his stomach. "Grandfather."

Aelys leaned away from the railings of the stairs and smiled up at the Hand of the king. Otto's emotionless face broke out into a small smile.

"Grandfather." Aemond greeted Otto, assuming the same position as his eldest brother.

"Where's Helaena?" Otto asked after noticing one of his grandchildren was missing.

"I saw her a while ago playing with a spider—"

"A bug." Aegon cut in making Aelys elbow his stomach causing him to wince.

Aelys continued, "—but I don't know where she is right now, grandfather."

Otto nodded. "You three must head now to your chambers. We will be leaving in the morrow." The three siblings nodded obediently. "Aelys—?"

"Grandfather," Aegon interrupted, "is it alright if I'll escort Aelys to her chamber?"

Aelys looked at him questioningly.

"Of course," Otto said, pleased. "I will look for your other sister myself."

Once their grandfather left, Aegon turned to the younger girl with a grin and offered a hand to her.

Aelys looked at him with suspicion but placed her hand on top of his. The prince clasped their hands together and pulled her up to the castle.

Both of them had no idea that Aemond stayed behind and was looking to the direction of where the wailing sound of a dragon was coming from. The younger prince gazed up at the night sky again and to the direction of where he heard a dragon wailing before he returned to the castle.

Aelys let the older drag her behind him. They passed by servants who paid their respects to them and one even batted their eyelashes to Aegon which made her sneer at them.

Aegon paid no mind to anyone that crossed their paths. Not even Ser Laenor and his squire who was whispering to each other. Aelys sent them her sweetest smile when they quieted down and looked at them.

Ser Laenor's pants were soaked from having been at the shore. His eyes were watery and he appeared disheveled. His paramour's comfort didn't seemed to be working.

Aelys sighed sadly. She herself didn't know what she would do if she lost one of her siblings nor she wanted to think about losing one of them, even her least favorite sibling — Aegon.

Aelys thought Aegon was escorting her back to her chambers when suddenly, they took a sharp turn.

"Where are we going?" Aelys quickly asked.

"You said you wanted to go down to the shore." Aegon grinned.

Aelys recalled she did say that but she didn't know Aegon was really going to take her there. He was adamant to keep her inside the castle because of her disappearing act when they ventured the town.