Part 1

Carina texted Maya.

"She's still not home, bambina. She was supposed to be home at midnight. It's 12:30!"

Maya responded, "Give her another half an hour and if she's still not home, I'll send out the calvary."

Maya was called in late to work for a four-alarm fire call and Carina, the over exaggerated Italian, was having a panic attack because their daughter was still not home.

-

Andy was fast asleep when she was suddenly awakened by her cell phone ringing. She turned over in bed and reached tiredly for her phone. She noticed it was KJ.

"Hey KJ. Are you okay? Why are you calling so late?" Andy asked.

"Tia Andyyyyy! I love you so much and I need the biggesttt favor ever!" KJ replied, stumbling all over her words.

"KJ, I am begging you, please tell me you are not drunk right now." Andy answered worriedly.

KJ responded, "Wellll, I don't want to lie to you so I'm just going to say that I'm not not drunk?"

Andy did her absolute best to hold in a laugh.

"I know it's late, but I don't want to call my mom's because they're probably going to kill me and my friends bailed on me, and I can't drive so I need a ride home," KJ finally admitted.

"Don't move from where you're at KJ. Send me the address and I'll be there," Andy said as she rolled her eyes disapprovingly.

"Hey Andy?" KJ said softly. "Thank you."

"You're lucky I love you so much. You know I have to tell your mom's where you're at right?"

"Yeah, yeah I know" replied KJ as she sat on the curb waiting for her Tia.

-

Andy called Carina as soon as she hung up the phone with KJ.

"Andy! Please tell me you're calling because you found my daughter," Carina said with a shaky and upset tone.

"Yeah Car. She called me. She's just fine. I'm on my way to go pick her up and bring her home. Is Maya there?" Andy asked Carina.

"No, she got called onto a scene because they needed an incident commander," Carina answered Andy.

"Okay, that's probably for the best right now," Andy said, and she laughed a little.

Carina, slightly more worried now said, "Why is it for the best? Wait...Andy is KJ drunk?"

"I didn't want you to freak out, but yeah, she's pretty wasted right now and didn't want to call you guys. I'm almost to her, and I'll bring her home right away. I get that you're mad, I'm a little upset too, but honestly Car, she probably won't even remember what happened in the morning, so take it easy on her tonight?" Andy said reassuring Carina.

Carina took a deep breath and said, "Thanks for going to get her, Andy. I'm glad she has you to call. And I'll try to calm myself down before she gets home. Besides, I'm not the one KJ needs to be worried about. Her mom is going to be pissed."

Andy laughed hesitantly, "Yeahhhh, that's gonna be fun."

Andy said goodbye to Carina and pulled up to get her knucklehead of a niece.

-

Carina texted Maya again, "Hi bambina. KJ called Andy and Andy is picking her up and bringing her home. No calvary needed tonight."

Maya responded worriedly, "Where was she? Why did she call Andy?"

"I'm assuming she was someplace she wasn't supposed to be. Andy said she is drunk and KJ called her for a ride home," Carina responded, answering her wife's questions.