• Chapter Four

Chapter Four

"A seat at the table"

Milan
————♕————

"What do you mean your dad tried to pimp you out?"

"I don't know how to simplify it beyond that." Kauner responds in a sarcastic tone as I put our call on speaker and sit the phone down on the bench so I could put on my shoes. "And before you even ask, yes I'm sure. I was basically a walking advertisement. Then I have to go to this dinner tonight, ouuu he pissed me off!"

I was currently in me and Shi's bedroom, getting ready to go pick up Ashton and Alaia from school. Then we had to swing by my warehouse to see how my crew's settling in. The orders for my hair care line have been going crazy, We just launched and I'm damn near out of inventory.

"Well was this Jordan guy even cute?"

"His name is Julien." She corrects me as I slide on my nude colored Givenchy shark boots.

"Right. Sorry." I said, standing up and pushing my foot all the way down in the boot.

"What are you doing anyway?" Kauner changed the subject. "You're breathing all hard and shit."

"I was putting on my shoes bitch! My shark boots to be exact, you know it's a task getting in them." I ran my fingers through my wavy hair before bending down to pick up my phone. "I'm about to go pick up the kids then run a few errands. What are you doing?"

"Girl nothing, I just left Pilates. I'm trying to see if I wanna' stop at clean juice or not. I didn't eat today and I feel like I'm about to pass out."

"Um, that sounds unhealthy." I add my two cents in, just as Asshir entered our bedroom. "That's your problem. That's why you're such a bitch all the time. You're always hungry."

"Funny. Bitch. And matter of a fact, why did you tell that girl that we would take her out to lunch? I never agreed to that. I don't even eat lunch."

I was waiting on her mean ass to bring that up. I swear to you, Kauner has always been this way. Our entire lives, she is not keen on the idea of switching up our group dynamic at all. At least me and Kyran are willing to give Charm the benefit of the doubt.

"I'm not dumb, if I had ran it by you first then you would've came up with every excuse in the book as to why you couldn't make it. I know you." I playfully roll my eyes, standing in front of the full sized mirror and admiring my fit. I was sporting a 'Maribel snatched' jumpsuit from Fashion Nova in the off-white color and a caramel colored Celine trench coat to match my boots.

To be February in the A, today wasn't as cold as it's been lately. The temperature was somewhere in the high fifty's and it was expected to be in the mid-sixties by tonight.

"Damn. Well I may or may not be flying out to LA to be with Marcus on Valentine's Day so.. I actually might not be able to go. Unless you're trying to do it before then."

"We can, I think I'm free all week.. and um, you sure have been spending a lot of time with that boy. You sure you're not downplaying y'all's little situation?" I ask in a suspicious tone, watching Shi disappear into the bathroom.