• Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

"What could've been.."
Part I

—————————

"Boss man. The cars are ready to go." Chucky says, knocking on the door to Amir's office. "They're being loaded onto the trucks as we speak."

"A'ight cool. And what about that other thing?"

"It's being handled."

Amir knew what that meant. He nodded his head in an approving manner, dismissing Chucky.

Once the door was closed and he was left alone with his silence, he got up from the sleek, white standalone desk that was in the middle of his office and walked over to the glass wall that overlooked the entire motorcade of luxury cars. To the naked eye, this was simply a multi-million dollar car brokerage firm that could find you the rarest of cars from Bentley, Mercedes, Rolls Royce, McLaren, whatever your heart desired.

But in reality it was so much more than that, what you don't see is the skilled mechanics taking these cars apart, packing them down with product and then putting them back together again. Seamlessly at that.

Looking at the time on his black Richard Mille timepiece, Amir said a string of curse words under his breath. He had lost track of time and now he was going to hit traffic on his way home. Grabbing his keys and his iPhone off the desk, he shot Shi a quick text to let him know that he had to dip.

They were supposed to stay and supervise the cars being shipped out together but at the moment Amir had more pressing matters to attend to.

Amir was exiting the front entrance of the warehouse and walking across the parking lot towards the black Escalade when he got an incoming call from Shi. Greeting his driver with a silent nod as he opened the door for him, Amir answered the call.

"Ayo cuz, I just got off a call with my connect at Bentley.. he said your car got rodent damage." He spoke. "From rodents restin in the engine bay, chewin up wires and shit. That's why your shit was malfunctioning."

"I thought so." He retorts, with a heavy sigh. He knew what the outcome would be already but he was still hoping for something different. "You know what we gotta do right?"

On the other side of the warehouse, Asshir stood on the loading docks. Staring off into space. Trying to wrap his mind around what he was going to have to do.

"Take the engine out and rebuild the mu'fucka, minus the rats."

"Yeah.. I'ma hit you in an hour bro. We'll go from there."

"Bet."

Once the call ended, Amir shot his wife a quick text letting her know that he was on his way home. A smile spread across his face so wide that you could probably see all of his teeth when she loved the message and told him that she'd be waiting for him.

Thirty minutes later the Escalade was pulling down the spiral driveway of his massive modern home, tucked away in the heart of Atlanta. Normally the drive from the warehouse was fifteen minutes but being that it's going on seven o'clock in the evening, traffic was a muthafucka.