• Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

"Street Prayer"

'I'm protected by the ghetto angels' — NoCap

Kauner
————♕————

@TheShadeRoom: former adult actress Sydney Hart from the U.K. Quietly welcomed a baby girl with Lil Keyes at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center earlier today. After heavy speculation surrounded their fling last summer, we have finally have confirmation. Most recently, Lil Keyes was spotted in the Maldives with social media influencer and model, Kauner Wright, 25.

Rolling my eyes at the Instagram post from seven hours ago, I thought about Marcus's bitch ass being stuck at the hospital all day and not saying a fucking word. While he had me put up in the hills like I wasn't going to find out or some shit.

I hadn't heard from that motherfucker since he left for the "studio" yesterday afternoon. Not a single call or text from his ass, even after TMZ broke the story.

Glaring out the window from the backseat of the chauffeured Escalade, I let out a sigh of relief as we drove down the familiar streets of my neighborhood. The sun was just barely rising in the distance so it was still a little dark outside but I was grateful to be home nonetheless.

About a minute later the driver had pulled into my driveway and threw the gear in park. Just as I had gathered my things and started getting out, my phone began to vibrate in my hand. Speak of the devil and he appears. Marcus's name was flashing across the screen.

"What?" I answer, putting the phone up to my ear as the driver lifted the tailgate before unloading my luggage.

"Where you at?"

"I just got home." I reply dryly. "I see you finally made it out of labor and delivery, huh?"

"Yeahhhh, about that.. Kauner I really did have every intention on coming back to the crib, everything happened so fast." He mumbles in a low apologetic tone.

"You know, you could've just told me. I expected my friend to keep it real with me. It's nothing to talk to me Marcus."

"I didn't know how. The shit didn't even feel real until yesterday when I got the call. That's not how I wanted to have my first kid, you know that." He explains. "I'm hoping that you'll let me make it up to you though. Unless I'm cut off then..."

"Oh you are definitely cut off, fool me twice then I can't blame anybody but myself right? Congratulations on the baby."

"Thank you Kauner. She should've been yours." He replies, from the tone of his voice I could tell that he was smiling.

"Goodbye Marcus." I chuckle, pulling the phone away from my ear and ending our short phone call. Stupid ass nigga.

A part of me was relieved. I had a lot of time to think on my flight back to Atlanta and if I'm being real, I didn't really like Marcus more than anything but a fuck buddy. He's cool and all but beyond sex we don't really have anything in common.

I'm done wasting my time with meaningless and dead end situationships. I'm twenty-five and a grown ass woman, it's time for me to get real about what I want and what I'm willing to accept but we'll get into that later, right now I just wanna focus on Milan and make sure she's good.